Wesley M. John
Macklin & Co.
93 Dartmouth Street
Albany, NY 12209
Albany, NY: The personal search for the ideal chef’s knife led Schenectady Community College culinary student and former banker Wesley John to create and manufacture his own line of cutlery. The goal was to produce a knife that had the edge-holding attributes and light blade similar to the best Japanese knives; with the traditional shape of European knives. The answer was to use a Crucible Metals steel called CPM SV35VN. This difficult to work with steel produces a longer lasting edge than conventional knives with superior resistance to chipping. The knives are designed to be an item that will last not only the lifetime of the original owner, but can be passed down to the next generation.
The Macklin & Co. cutlery have the following unique characteristics:
• Made entirely in the USA, out ofUSA components powered by green energy
• Dyed American box elder handles that have been stabilized to be impervious to moisture.
• High Carbon, CPM S35VN (using 80% recycled metals), non-stain steel that takes the finest edge.
• Rounded spine and heel for comfort through long use.
• Forged style bolster for balance.
• Light-weight, thin blade for fine work
• Warranty for lifetime of the original owner.
• Each knife is serial-numbered.
In creating this line, the desire was to produce the best cutlery, regardless of cost. At the same time, it highlights the full extent to which American companies can produce merchandise that are of highest quality. There is no doubt that, as American manufacturers, we can compete on the international stage in terms of quality – and these knives prove it in no uncertain terms.
Disclaimer: Mannix Marketing Inc is a service for the distribution of press releases, news and events. Mannix Marketing does not verify the validity or accuracy of the contents of the news that it distributes. Users are responsible for the contents of the press releases they submit to Albany.com and the distribution via our service does not imply endorsement. Mannix Marketing takes no responsibility and holds no liabilities for information distributed.