The information you are viewing for this event is from 2017.
Please check back for updates.
6th Annual Adirondack Stand Up Paddle Festival
What's SUP? Stand Up Paddle Boarding is a trend that's sweeping through the Northeast.
Kick off the 2017 summer season at the 6th Annual Adirondack SUP Festival in Saranac Lake with a great weekend of SUP (stand up paddle) inspired activities for the entire family.
In addition to both sanctioned races and family fun races, there will be on-water and dry-land clinics, fitness and yoga classes, demos, a guided group tour for all ages and abilities, and dealer reps on hand to answer all your SUP related questions.
2017 Event Schedule:
DAY 1 - FRIDAY, JUNE 16TH
1. On-water demos - 3-5:30pm
- With so many boards on the market, it's hard to choose the right one. The Adirondack SUP Festival offers a great opportunity to try before you buy along with a special Adirondack SUP Festival sale price. ?$5.00 gets you a weekend of on-water demos and dry-land clinics
2. Kids After School SUP Session - 4-5pm - Who love SUP more than a kid? Nobody! This hour long course will introduce the basics of SUP paddling and safety to your up and coming paddler.
- For ages 10-14 years old
- $20/kid - include: paddle, pfd, board, instruction
- *Call Adirondack Lakes & Trails Outfitters at 800-491-0414 to register
DAY 2 - SATURDAY, JUNE 17TH
1. Long and Short Course Races
- Start times: Long start @ 9:45am Short start @ 10:15am
- ONLINE REGISTRATION OPENS MONDAY, MAY 1ST
2. On-water SUP Demos - 11am-4pm
- With so many boards on the market, it's hard to choose the right one. The Adk SUP Festival offers a great opportunity to try before you buy along with a special Adirondack SUP Festival sale price. $5.00 gets you a weekend of on-water demos and dry-land clinics
2. 1, 2, 3, SUP - Introduction to SUP Paddling Instruction Clinic - 12:30pm
- Designed for the beginning paddler, this class will cover stand-up paddling basics including board and paddle selection and fit; key paddle strokes (forward, turns, and stop); learning how to build speed with stability; and having fun identifying how to paddle more efficiently. Participants should wear layered non-cotton clothing.
- Paul Wiech is an ACA L2 SUP Instructor and competitive SUP racer who loves sharing the “SUP stoke” with new paddlers and is committed to building “Ohana” (a sense of family) within the paddling community by teaching novice and advanced paddling clinics and developing fun and inclusive SUP events.
- $30/person - include: paddle, pfd, board, & instruction
3. Afternoon Fun Races start at 2:30pm - Join us for afternoon fun the Adirondack SUP Festival afternoon fun races!
- SUP Sprint | Out and back as fast as you can | fun for ages 8 and up!
- Pooch Race | One dog, one human, one board | Woof!
- Tandem SUP Sprint | Two humans, one board | Balance is the key
4. Other Saturday attractions
- Adirondack Lakes & Trails Outfitters' Sales Tent will be open all day!
- Save 20% on all SUP boards in stock!
- Local and regional vendors will be on-hand to educate and inform.
DAY 3 - SUNDAY, JUNE 18TH
1 .Guided SUP Tour on Lower Saranac Lake - 9-11am - $30/person - include: board, pfd, paddle, & guide - This trip will leave from Adirondack Lakes & Trails Outfitters
2. Sunday SUP Sale at Adirondack Lakes & Trails Outfitters
3. All SUPs and SUP accessories will be sale priced as part of the Adirondack SUP Festival celebration!
For more information call 800-491-0414
Don't miss this annual event! The Annual Adirondack Stand Up Paddle Festival is the perfect event for SUP enthusiasts and novices alike.