The information you are viewing for this event is from 2016.
Please check back for updates.
St. Peter's Cardiac & Vascular Center Last Run 5K
The 20th Annual St. Peter's Cardiac & Vascular Center Albany Last Run 5K is a great race for all ages, featuring a beautiful course through Capital Holiday Lights in Washington Park and a spectacular fireworks show!
Following the race, awards recognition and posting of results takes place at the Empire State Plaza Concourse at the base of the Egg, featuring age-based divisional awards and random prize drawings. This race also features chip timing. All registered runners will receive a Last Run 5K wicking fabric shirt (sizes not guaranteed).
Bibs will be available based on the last name of registrant. If picking up multiple bibs for family members please see multiple bib line and be prepared to sign a form for all participants you are picking up for. Last Run staff are not responsible for lost bibs, so please be sure to keep your bib safe once picked up!
Awards will be given to the 1st place male and female runners. Top three male and female finishers in each of the following categories will also receive awards: 15 and under; 16-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69; 70+; middle of the pack. The post-race party for all registered runners takes place at the Empire State Plaza North Concourse.
Parking is located in the surface lots, garages, and metered spots throughout downtown. All meters are free in Albany on weekends (Saturdays & Sundays) as well as NYS museum and Cathedral lots on Madison Avenue. Please note parking and street closures when planning your route.
Special ground rules in effect: No alcoholic beverages, glass containers of any kind, animals or pets. All entry fees are final and non-refundable. Bib numbers are non-transferable to other athletes. Due to the hour of the race, anyone with dogs or carriages is prohibited from running. The event may be cancelled in the event of inclement weather. Ground rules are subject to change without notice. Exceptions made for medical or child care reasons may be addressed individually.
The following roadways will be closed on December 10, 2016 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- State Street between S. Swan Street and Eagle Street
The following roadways will be closed on December 10, 2016 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Washington Avenue from Dove Street to Eagle Street
- State Street between Lodge Street and Eagle Street
- Eagle Street between State Street and Pine Street
- S. Swan Street northbound Madison Avenue to Chestnut Street (upper roadway)
- Market St ramp to Eagle Street from Grand St
The following roadways will be closed on December 10, 2016 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.
- State Street between Robin Street and S. Swan Street
- Willett Street between State Street and Madison Avenue
- Washington Park, All Park Roadways – including Henry Johnson Boulevard
- S. Swan Street northbound Madison Avenue to Washington Avenue (upper and lower roadways)
- Dove Street southbound at Spring St to State Street
- Lark Street between Madison Avenue and Washington Avenue **
**Lark St will remain open northbound only between Chestnut Street and Lancaster Street for Chestnut Street residents only
- Henry Johnson Boulevard between State Street and Madison Avenue
- Hamilton Street between Dove Street and S. Swan Street
- Jay Street between Dove Street and S. Swan Street
- Lancaster Street between Dove Street and S. Swan Street
- Chestnut Street between Dove Street and S. Swan Street
The following roadways will have parking prohibited on December 10, 2016 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- State Street, both sides, from S. Swan Street to Eagle Street
The following roadways will have parking prohibited on December 10, 2016 from noon to 7 p.m.
- State Street, both sides, from Robin Street east, 6 spaces on each side
- Washington Avenue from Swan Street to Eagle Street, both sides restricted
- Willett Street, both sides, from Hudson Avenue north 4 spaces on each side
- Washington Park Road, both sides (Hudson Avenue), from Willett Street west to Henry Johnson
- N. Hawk Street both sides from Elk Street to Washington Avenue
- Eagle Street both sides from State Street to Elk Street
- Park Street, both sides from Lancaster Street to State Street
- Elk Street, both sides from Eagle Street west, 5 spaces on each side
The following Roadways will have parking prohibited on December 10, 2016 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- State Street, both sides from Eagle Street to Lodge Street