The information you are viewing for this event is from 2013.
Please check back for updates.
2nd Annual Downtown Albany Blues Music Competition
The City of Albany and the Downtown Albany Business Improvement District (BID) invites you to be a part of the Second Annual Blues Music Competition scheduled for Friday, May 3, 2013 from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM in several downtown Albany establishments.
You can help choose the winners! The public is invited to come out for this free event and vote for their favorite acts of the evening.
NEW for 2013: 50% of the vote will be designated by popular vote, and 50% of the vote will be designated by a judge, Steve Daub, a 2012 inductee into New York State's Blues Hall of Fame. Daub has been the radio host of WRPI's Stormy Monday Blues for the past 13 years.
A panel of judges has reviewed applications and selected 10 blues acts to perform:
- Joe Lowry and the Second Mile Blues Band | 74 State Hotel
- J.V. & the Cutters | Blue 82
- Tom Healey Band | Franklin's Tower
- Sly Fox and the Hustlers | The Hollow Bar + Kitchen (Previously the Bayou)
- The Hallertau Band | Legends on Pearl
- Blues Sanctuary | The Merry Monk
- Soul Sky | Olde English Pub and Pantry
- Kylie and the Sympathetic Strangers | Pearl Street Pub
- Nite Train | Dirty Martini Lounge at the Pearl Street Pub
- Holly & Evan | Taste
The top 2 performers will win the opportunity to perform at this summer's Alive at 5 Blues Night (date to be announced) and perform at the BID’s Downtown Albany Fall Car Show on October 12, 2013.
The Albany Parking Authority initiative titled 2 Blocks, 2 Bucks, 2 Easy will be in effect, offering a $2 evening parking rate that makes parking in downtown easy and affordable.