Annual Daily Gazette Holiday Parade
The Annual Daily Gazette Holiday Parade will be held on November 18, 2017, at 5pm. This is the 49th anniversary of the Capital Region tradition. The Daily Gazette, the Capital Region Chamber of Commerce, and the City of Schenectady come together for this wonderful occasion.
This event is treasured by tens of thousands of Capital Region residents who look forward to the parade every holiday season. The parade has been recognized as the largest nighttime parade held in the northeast and expected attendance is over 10,000 people.
The theme for this year is "The Parade of Lights: 125 Years of Schenectady." The floats, dancers, bands, vehicles, and parade attendees will be the biggest and the brightest! The parade will be adorned with lights, sparkle, and all the shine the holiday season offers.
At 3:30pm and 4pm the Schenectady Police Department will be closing many downtown streets including, but not limited to the major following streets (intersecting streets will also be affected):
- State Street (Nott Terrace to Broadway): 3pm
- State Street (Broadway to the end of Western Gateway Bridge on the Scotia side): 4pm
- Western Gateway Bridge (closed in both directions): 4pm
- Erie Boulevard (State Street to Liberty Street): 4pm
- Broadway (Liberty Street to Hamilton Street): 4pm
- Lafayette Street (Liberty Street to State Street): 4pm
- Clinton Street (Smith to State Street): 4pm
- 1-890 Washington Avenue exits will be closed (4C Westbound, Rice Road Eastbound): 4pm
- Church Street (Argyle Place to Liberty Street): 4pm
Free public parking for spectators will be available at:
- Broadway Garage
- Broadway Surface lot
- Broadway and Franklin Street
- Amtrak lot (Erie Boulevard and Liberty Street)
- Erie Boulevard and Liberty Street North
- City lot located between Liberty and Franklin Street
Participate in or Support the Parade
Interested in sponsoring or participating in the parade? Contact McCauley Cannizzo, Events Manager of The Daily Gazette, at 518.395.3045.