Prom on a budget does not mean you have to sacrifice style or fun! When prom gets expensive, don't worry there are many cheaper alternatives. Read our tips for how to save money on you Albany Prom.
After picking out a dress and paying for alterations, prom dresses can cost hundreds of dollars.
- Borrow a dress from an older friends or visit a consignment shop.
- Watch for dress sales - as prom gets closer stores have huge sales to get rid of inventory.
There are tons of styles of shoes, chances are you may already have something appropriate.
- Have you already been to a dance, wedding or special event? Re-use shoes again
- Find a friend with the same size and trade shoes or borrow heels.
An updo or hairstyle for prom can cost anywhere between $30-$50 and that doesn't even cover a cut or color.
- Do your hair at home. Hair spray and a curling iron can work wonders for hair.
- Go natural! Where your hair how it is prettiest, the way you would every day.
Diamonds and jewels can cost a pretty penny so consider other options before visiting a jewelry store.
- Visit an antique store and search through vintage jewelry collections.
- Check with you mother or grandmother for free classic jewelry pieces.
An Albany Limo can cost over $400 for just a few hours of service.
- Find someone with a large car and go together. Guarantee you'll have just as much fun at prom no matter what transportation you choose
No matter how much you spend prom is a guaranteed fun night of dancing and spending time with friends!
MORE TO READ:
Prom Accessories | Prom Dress Tips | Prom Hairstyles | Prom Venues | After Prom Plans
Check out our prom checklist to see what accessories you might need!
Remember to be safe and have fun on prom night!
« Back to the Albany Prom Day Guide