Still overwhelmed by the cost of your wedding? Are you battling between having a beautiful reception or an exciting honeymoon? When you hear the words "wedding reception" do you think of a sit down, filet mignon dinner by candlelight? Well, you don't have to! Brunches are the new and growing trend that will keep your reception affordable yet still elegant.
-There are several advantages to having your wedding reception as a brunch:
1. Lower Cost. The rental fees, food and vendors are generally less expensive because you aren't doing it during a prime time. Also, a wedding vendor could possibly do another wedding that day, so the couple may be able to negotiate special pricing.
2. Availability. If the wedding venue is a popular one, you might have a better chance finding an opening earlier in the day. Venues that book fast usually have brunch slots open, especially since this trend is more recent and still gaining popularity.
3. Less drinking. If you are having a buffet brunch reception chances are your guests won't drink as much as they would at an evening reception, which saves a lot of money as well. If you choose to serve alcohol, wine and champagne are all that is necessary, but many also might serve mimosas or Bloody Marys. Or skip the alcohol altogether and serve juice and coffee!
4. Shorter. Brunch wedding receptions are usually shorter than an evening reception. This helps if you don't want a long, drawn out evening event, which saves you lots of energy. It gives you more time relaxing with each other or with family and friends later that day.
5. Better Honeymoon. By saving all that money on a nice brunch reception, you can now go on that honeymoon you've always wanted.
-Food Ideas ~ Balance breakfast with lunch:
Hors d'oeuvres: Cheese and crackers, veggies, fruits, and crab and artichoke dip.
Breakfast: French toast, eggs Florentine, Belgium waffles, pancakes, corn beef and hash, assorted bagels, muffins, and croissants, and omelets to order.
Lunch: Carving station with prime rib, ham or turkey, smoked or glazed salmon, vegetable salad, pasta salad, and potato salad.
Dessert: Parfaits, cookies, brownies, or still your beautiful wedding cake.
- Amber Pusatere -