The Albany Police Department has announced the road closures and parking restrictions for the annual Tulip Festival, happening this weekend. There’s also plenty of info on where CDTA shuttle buses will stop. Check it out below.
Friday May 10th
The following are in effect from 9:30am to 12:30pm:
State Street between Eagle Street and Lodge Street will be closed to all traffic for the Tulip Festival Street Scrubbing Event.
All parking will be prohibited on this section of State Street during these hours.
CDTA will re-route all buses that normally use State Street to Pine Street via Lodge Street in both the eastbound and westbound directions.
All motor vehicle traffic will be diverted during these hours.
Friday, May 10th Through Sunday, May 12th
The following are in effect from Friday at 6am through Sunday:
Washington Park Road, from New Scotland Avenue to Lake Avenue.
In Washington Park: Washington Park Road, east side from Hudson Avenue north six spaces; and Washington Park Road, both sides from New Scotland Avenue to Lake Avenue.
Saturday, May 11th & Sunday May 12th
In Washington Park from May 11th at 12:01am to May 12th at 8pm: All roads will be closed to all traffic.
The following roadways will be closed to all but local (resident and emergency vehicles) traffic from 9am to 6pm each day:
- Lancaster Street between Lark Street and Willett Street
- Hudson Avenue between Lark Street and Willett Street
- Willett Street between Madison Avenue and State Street
- Henry Johnson Boulevard between Western Avenue and State Street
- State Street between Robin Street and Lark Street
The following roadway will be closed to all traffic both days from 6am to 6pm: Englewood Place between Western Avenue and the south dead end.
In Washington Park from May 11th at 12:01am through May 12th at 8pm: All roadways, including Henry Johnson Boulevard.
The following are closed to parking on both days from 6am to 6pm: Englewood Place, both sides from Western Avenue to the south dead end; and Thurlow Terrace, both sides from Western Avenue to the south dead end.
The following are closed to parking from May 11th at 6am until May 12th at 8pm:
- Madison Avenue, north side from the bus stop east of New Scotland Avenue east 12 spaces State Street, south side four spaces west of Henry Johnson Boulevard
- South Pearl Street, west side two spaces south of State Street
- Madison Avenue, north side two spaces west of Grand Street
- Elk Street, both sides three spaces west of Eagle Street
- Elk Street, north side three spaces west of Hawk Street
Parking in the vicinity of Washington Park is limited. Please consider using alternate parking facilities that have been set up for this event.
A CDTA shuttle bus will be running from 10am to 8pm both days. This bus makes a loop the following stops where parking is available:
- State Street at Henry Johnson Boulevard – the bus will stop on the southwest corner on State Street
- South Pearl Street at State Street – the bus will stop on the southwest corner on South Pearl Street
- Madison Avenue and Eagle Street – The bus will stop on the northeast corner on Madison Avenue
- Elk Street at Eagle Street – the bus will stop on Elk Street
- Elk Street at North Hawk Street – the bus will stop on Elk Street
Parking is available for residents where parking is affected by the event.
The following parking areas are available on the above mentioned shuttle stop locations:
- East Parking Garage located at the corner of Madison Avenue and Eagle Street – parking is available starting May 10th after 4pm until May 13th at 6am
- Cathedral and Museum Visitor Lot located in the rear of the Cathedral of Immaculate Conception on Madison Avenue west of Eagle Street – parking is available on May 11th and 12th from 2pm to 6am daily
- Elk Street State parking areas
There are several surface parking areas operated by NYSOGS that are available in this area starting on May 10th after 4pm until May 13th at 6am. All vehicles parked in these areas must be removed by May 13th at 6am.