Children's Museum of Science & Technology (CMOST) inspires young minds to engage in a lifelong exploration of science and technology, instilling a sense of wonder and discovery.
Chartered by the Board of Regents on behalf of the NYS Education Department in 1954, CMOST is the Region’s only science center designed specifically for children. In pursuit of our mission, CMOST provides an engaging, child-directed learning environment which enables children to learn and grow through play. Designed for children ages 18 months through the tween years, the Museum enables children to investigate, observe, analyze, and build in a pressure-free environment by pairing innovative educational tools and techniques with engaging exhibits and facilitated programming to support active learning. CMOST offers a unique suite of STE(a)M learning experiences including school and community programs; mini.make workshops; summer and vacation day camps; camp-ins; and daily Museum Educator facilitated activities that help children make important connections between science, the world and everyday life. Beyond the Museum, CMOST’s Traveling Programs feature hands-on STE(a)M activities, turning classrooms, libraries and community centers into learning labs.
CMOST has free parking and the Museum is accessible by public transportation (CDTA).
- October 11 - National Fossil Day 3p
- October 12 - Super Slimy Science - Homeschool Enrichment Program 1-2:30p
- October 14 - Dynamic Dogs 1p
- October 21 - National Reptile Awareness Day 1p
- October 28 - Pumpkin Science 1p
- October 29 - Spooky Spiders 1p
- Science Story Time – Wednesdays 11:00 - 11:30 AM, led by a Museum Educator this science-based story time includes a project-based activity! Suited for ages 2-6.
- Sensory Play – Thursdays 10:00 - 11:30 AM, is fun-filled activities that helps children improve their motor skills and increases his or her understanding of how the world works. Suited for ages 2-6
- October 5 - Spiders & Bats
- October 12 - Autumn Leaves
- October 19 - Potions Galore
- October 26 - Pumpkin Science
For more information go to Events or visit our website www.cmost.org.