The information you are viewing for this event is from Saturday, Apr 7, 2018.
Please check back for updates.
Albany Craft Beer Festival 2018
About the Festival
The second annual Albany Craft Beer Festival will return to the Washington Avenue Armory on April 7, 2018.
This time there will be two sessions, from 12pm to 3pm, and from 4pm to 7pm. The $65 price is for one session.
In 2017, the organizers set out to create an entire beer-drinking event paying homage to special, cutting-edge, and limited beer. Rather than accumulate a beer list and draw a line through it, charging more for the upper tier, they wanted to make a beer fest that consisted only of the upper tier. The turnout was amazing and this year's festival will be even better!
- 3 Fonteinen** - Oude Kriek, Intense Red, Zwet.be
- Albany Pump Station* - Albany IPA (new, changing NEIPA), 2015 Bottle Conditioned Rum BA Porter, 2018 Union Station Quadrupel
- Allagash - Pastiche, Belfius
- Almanac - Astounding Enterprises, Flavor Wheel: Ekuanot
- Aslin Beer Co. - Johann and the Giant Peach
- Ballast Point - Brewery-only rarity, Aloha Sculpin
- Barrier - Half & Half (Other Half/Stumptown collab), DDH Reverse
- Bell's - Whiskey Barrel-Aged Cherry Stout, Le Pianiste
- Brooklyn - Passion of the Mango, Galahad, Hand & Seal Cognac, Anomaly, Wild Streak
- Brown's - All the While IPA, Guava Gose
- Bruery - Bouffon, Tart of Darkness With Currants
- Burial - Peel Back the Dead Earth, one TBA
- B. United - OEC Arista Zynergia Plumtastic Blend #2, BFM La Douze, Wild Beer Co. Somerset Wild, Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted "Querkus Ubhal"
- Cantillon - Classic Gueuze, Vigneronne, Saint Lamvinus, Lou Pepe Gueuze
- Captain Lawrence - Cuvee de Castleton, Barrel Select gold, Nice Shades IPA
- Cascade - Sang Rouge, Midnight Bramble
- Chatham Brewing* - Bourbon-BA Irish Creme Imperial Stout, Pineapple Bombogenesis, Shine on BA Imperial Porter
- Common Roots* - Rooted, Fresh IPA TBA, Fruited Sour (In Bloom or Tasteful Deception)
- Crooked Stave - Huguenot Low Country, Petit Sour Rose
- Crossroads Brewing* - Outrage IPA, New Normal IPA, Short Tart & Handsome
- Dark Horse - JAA Black Raspberry, Cherry HomoSapien
- Decadent Ales - Passiflora DIPA, French Toast DIPA, Double Toasted Marshmallow DIPA, Citra Citra
- Destihl - Saint Dekkera Framboise Sour
- Dogfish Head* - Puddinwine, 120 Minute
- Druthers* - No Excuses IPA, Against the Currant, Passionfruit Duoble Dare, Truth Serum Tripel
- DuClaw - All Roads Lead to Centennial, Into the Fire
- Equilibrium Brewery* - Vulgar Display of Flower, Photon
- Evil Twin - Maple Bourbon BA Biscotti Break, Double Barrel Biscotti Break, Life is Not a Problem to be Solved but a Reality to be Experienced IPA
- Fair State Brewing Co-op - LACTOBAC, Keller Pilsener
- Finback - Fly on DIPA, Fake Blood Hibiscus IPA
- Firestone Walker - Bretta Weisse, SLOambic
- Flying Dog - Whiskey BA Gonzo, Red Wine BA St. Eadman
- Fort Orange Brewing* - Fort Orange IPA, Where'd Bob Go Rye Pale Ale
- Founders* - CBS, KBS (Randall With Butterfinger)
- Good Nature - Wort Is Bond NEIPA
- Goose Island* - Halia, Brasserie Noir
- Graft* - Book of Nomad, Cloud City, Banana Them All to Hell
- Grimm - Psychokinesis, Galazy Pop!
- Half Acre - Bourbon BA Big Hugs, Daisy Capra
- Hermit Thrush - 2017 Cuvee, Groseille
- Highway Manor - Hong Kong Say John, Dumb Dick
- Hudson Valley Brewery - Soulcaster DIPA, Pillow Hat
- Indian Ladder Farms Brewery & Cidery* - Three TBA
- Industrial Arts - Two TBA
- Ithaca* - 20/20 Hindsight, Imperial Collusion
- Jack's Abby* - Blood Orange Leisure Time Lager, Kellerbrier, PB&J Framinghammer
- Jester King - Funk Metal, Reposè, La Vie en Rose, Kallaborationsbier #3
- Jolly Pumpkin - Turbo Bam, La Roja du Kriek
- KCBC - Sonic Rocket IPA
- Lagunitas - Fusion 48 IPA
- LambicLand - Cantillon, 3 Fonteinen, Boon, Tilquin, & Chrisian Weber from Common Roots pouring a rare keg of his very own single-barrel coolship sour, Rooted
- Lawson's Finest Liquids - Sip of Sunshine, Super Session #8
- LIC Beer Project* - BA Sour TBD, IPA TBD
- Long Trail - Night Goat, Golden Sour
- Main Beer co. - Lunch IPA, Woods & Waters IPA
- Mikkeller - Spontan-Passionfruit, Hallo Ich Bin Blueberry
- New England Brewing Co.* - Fuzzy Baby Ducks, Sea Hag IPA, Elm City Pilsner, Mystery Cask
- Night Shift - The 87, One Hop This Time: Citra
- Nine Pin*- Brew Crew Blue (official ALBCBW Collab); Blueberries & Cream-inspired cider, part of which will be laid down in a spirit barrel from Albany Distilling Co. for a year with blueberry puree and more cider yeast; they're calling this arm of the experiment "Brew Brew Blue Part Deux and it will be released during ALB.CBW.2019 alongside some cellared original Blue.
- Northway Brewing* - Sunrise Session IPA, Perfect Day Pils, Burly Beard Oatmeal Stout, Mystery Cask
- OEC - Artista Zynergia Plumtastic Blend #2, Artista Zynergia Beersyllabus #1
- Ommegang* - Breakfast Table - ALB.CBW.2018 exclusive beer - a Belgian-style table beer brewed with blackberries, oats, lactose, and coffee, a recipe Albany Beer Festival organizers helped to conceive and is only available at the festival
- Oskar Blues - Barrel-Aged Ten Fidy
- Other Half - Secure The Bag (Barrier Collab), Half & Half (Barrier Collab), Space Soyez Sauce, We've Been Out There in Orbit
- Oxbow - Infinite Darkness, Blueberry Deluxe
- Paradox Brewery* - Southern Hemisphere DIPA, Off Trail Pale Ale
- Peak Organic - Ginger Saison, The Juice IPA
- Peekskill - Best Second Set Ever, You Had to Be There
- Pipeworks - BA Abduction, Something Hoppy This Way Comes
- Rare Form - Altgeist, Moxie DIPA
- Right Proper - August October, Cheree Cheree!
- Rogue* - Woodsman's Wine
- Saranac* - Varick Street Breakfast Stout With Coconut, Parhelia Peach Sour
- Shelton Brothers - Bellwoods Jelly King, Mikkeller Hallo Ich Bin Blueberry, Mikkeller SpontanPassionfruit, Pasteur Street Passionfruit Wheat, 3 Fonteinen Zwet.be, Freigeist Kpenickiade Vineyard Peach
- Sierra Nevada - Bigfoot 2011, 2014, 2015, and 2016
- SingleCut* - Kinky Boots of Lead, Weird & Gilly Cask, Augmented Sour Raspberry Ale
- Sixpoint - Farm to Pint: Idaho 7 Pale Ale, Big Raspy
- Sloop* - Interstate IPA, DDH Juice Bomb, Bourbon Bean Baked
- Springdale* - Tequila Me Softly, Cuvee d'Or Rouge, Good 'n' You?
- Stony Creek: Stony Joe, Ruffled Feathers DIPA
- Thin Man - Hustler of Culture, Minkey Boodle
- Thomas Hardy's Ale - 2004 vs. 2017 comparison tasting
- TO OL - Sur Sorachi Ace
- Troegs* - Dear Peter, Sir Peche, Wild Elf
- TRIVE Brewing: Cursed Mixed Culture Sour Pale
- Two Road: Conntucky Lightnin', Two Juicy
- West Kill Brewing - Rye BA Sap House, Doodlebug Pislner
- Zero Gravity - Keller Lager, Bretthead IPA
*Indicates brewery personnel
**Indicates a "Lambicland" feature
We're updating all the time with more breweries as the information becomes available!
Food & Music
Food vendors are also still to be announced.
Music will be provided by Graham Tichy and The New Lowdown.
There will be two sessions of the festival: Session One from 12pm to 3pm, and Session Two from 4pm to 7pm.