TEDxAlbany at Overit
About the Event
This event will feature speakers from the Capital Region and beyond who will inform and discuss "ideas worth spreading." TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience.
This year they're highlighting interesting, thought-provoking talks that:
- Tell us something new
- Evoke Contagious emotions
- Are focused
- Think globally
Speakers & Talks
- Jené Luciani: Stop the Hate: Learning to Love our Bodies and the Bras They're In
- Meg Wilkinson: Fit Women and Ovarian Cancer
- David King: Finding My Father, Finding Myself
- Darian Ahmadizadeh: What If We Taught Math Differently?
- Nico Meyering: Dis-ABLE-d
- Dr. Paul Miller: We Need to Do Better: Changing the Mindset of Children Through Family, Community, and Education.
- Tim Sarrantonio: Rewiring How We Make Good Happen
- James Ketterer: What I Learned About Democracy at Home by Observing Elections Abroad
- Pritam Poddar: Your Urine: A Waste or a Potion?
- Janet Carmosky: Don't be a Consumer - Be a Stakeholder
- Dr. John Drazan: Sports 2 STEM: Engaging Diverse Youth in STEM Through Sports
For more information and tickets visit tedxalbany.org.