Virtual Tour Of Washington Park
Washington Park is recognized as one of New York State's oldest city parks. The Park was officially organized in 1809, but its current location has been used as a recreational site for well over 300 years. Washington Park's current layout was designed in 1868 by Frederick Law Olmsted. It was opened for the public use in 1871. Frederick W. Brown's Lake House was added in 1876. Previously it had been a cemetery and when the made it into a park they moved the graves to Albany Rural.