This weekend, the Capital Region celebrates the season with seven not-to-be missed holiday events. From trees, to trains, to treats and so much more you wont want to miss a thing!
This weekend’s TOP 7 holiday Events:
- Usher in the holiday season at the State Street Lighting.The iconic Symphony of Lights display will be lit followed by an a capella performance by Chicago and fireworks display.
- Going on now through December 11, the Festival of Trees in Schenectady will have tons of trees decorated by local businesses! Let the lights inspire you and take some ideas with you for your own home!
- Then on Saturday December 3 the party continues with the Downtown Schenectady Holiday Open House. With FREE activities and festive fun for all ages!
- Troy transforms and goes back in time. On Sunday December 4 the Troy Victorian Stroll draws thousands of local families and visitors from across the Northeast to celebrate the heartwarming tradition.
- Also on Sunday, the Great Train Extravaganza brings train layouts, more than 200 tables of model trains, free seminars and more!
- Have a chocolate lover, or two, on your list? Then stop by the NYSM Chocolate Expo & Holiday Gift Market where you can find the finest chocolates, desserts, specialty foods, and holiday gifts the region has to offer.
- End the weekend with a bang! The Empire State Plaza Holiday Tree Lighting and Fireworks Festival kicks off at 1 pm with live music, a visit from Santa and of course the lighting of the trees and fantastic fireworks display.
PLUS there is tons more going on this weekend! View all holiday events going on this weekend>
Think you can make it to all six events? If so, you go! If not, which is on your list as a must-attend?