Security Plumbing & Heating Supply is currently running a relief drive to help those effected by Hurricane Sandy’s devastation. The drive will be taking place every day from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. until Friday, November 16thth. Security Plumbing & Heating Supply is working with the Albany Colonie Regional Chamber of Commerce (ACRCC) to help with the efforts.
They are in need of water in plastic bottles, non-perishable foods, cleaning supplies, garbage bags, toiletries, blankets, baby products, pet food and more. Donations will be distributed by the Community Food Bank in Hillside, New Jersey.
You can make a donation at any Security Plumbing & Heating Supply location and the ACRCC is accepting non-monetary donations.
Drop off your donations at any Security Plumbing & Heating Supply branch:
- 475 Central Avenue, Albany
- 58 Dix Avenue, Glen Falls
- 535 North Perry Street, Johnstown
- 1074 Morton Boulevard, Kingston
- 292 Dolson Avenue, Middletown
- 50 Robert Drive, North Adams
- 2 Hammond Lane, Plattsburgh
- 341 Mill Street, Poughkeepsie
- 50 West Avenue, Saratoga
- 1721 State Street, Schenectady
- 196 Maple Avenue, Selkirk
- 22544 Murrock Circle, Watertown
The Tri-City Valley Cats will also be collecting donations at Joseph L. Bruno Stadium through Friday, November 9 for victims. Coney Island was one of the harder hit areas affected by Hurricane Sandy, and is home to the ValleyCats downstate New York-Penn League neighbor, the Brooklyn Cyclones. Members of the front office staff will be heading down to assist in the cleanup efforts and to distribute items desperately needed by the residents of that area.
They will be accepting:
- Coats, sweaters, hats, scarves, gloves and blankets.
- Trash bags
- Work gloves
- Toilet paper
- Napkins & paper towels
Do you know of other local businesses or locations in the Albany area that are accepting drop-offs or donations for Hurricane Sandy victims?