In recent years, food trucks have become popular in many cities, and Albany is no exception. Last year, Albany launched Phase I of its Mobile Food Vendor Pilot Program as a way to gather information and determine legislation moving forward, among other purposes. Phase II is kicking off this year, and the City of Albany recently released some updated guidelines for mobile food vendors.
- The extended season will run from May 1, 2015, to October 31, 2015
- Extended hours for street vendors are 11am – 10pm
- The number of mobile food vendor permits that will be available on a first-come, first-served basis has been increased to 25 (not including day or weekend permits)
- The number of City parks available to food vendors has increased (mobile food vendors can apply for a limited number of permits in Washington Park, Lincoln Park, Hoffman Park, and Mullen’s Park Ballfield)
- The standard permit fee will be $250 for 2015
- Vendors can pay an additional $125 for each permit for an additional location
- One-day permits ($25) and weekend permits ($40) will be available in 2015; vendors who want one-day and weekend permits must submit applications 10 days in advance
If you are interested in applying for a mobile food vendor permit, the City is now accepting applications. For more information about the application, contact City Clerk Nala Woodard at 518-434-5090 and for more details about the program, call Kate Lawrence at 518-434-5250.