Not sure what your plans are for this last weekend of May? From history walking tours, to a Troy night out to the always popular annual Pride Week BBQ kick-off, it’s a busy Capital Region weekend, and we’ve got you covered with a round-up of our favorites.
- Looking for a fun way to spend time with the family, including the furry four-legged members of the household? Head to Troy Night Out from 5 – 9 pm in downtown Troy on Friday May 29th to treat the children in your family, both furry and human, to a night filled with delicious food, fun activities, raffles and great shopping deals!
- Try something new this weekend on Saturday May 30th and take an African drum and dance class! Visit the Albany Barn on 56 Second Street starting at noon with kids and adult dance lessons as well as a drum lesson for everyone, at budget friendly prices!
- Join The Capital American Eatery and Lounge on Sunday May 31st at 55 North Pearl Street for a tasty Sunday brunch and delightful beverages! From 10 am-3 pm, head out with family or friends for a delicious meal and enjoy the scenery of downtown Albany.
- Help kick off Pride Week in downtown Albany by attending the always popular annual Kick-Off BBQ this Sunday May 31st. It’s the Pride Center’s 45th Anniversary and this year’s BBQ will be bigger than ever in celebration, with fun surprises and of course, delicious summer food.
- If you haven’t already, register to run in the 37th Annual Freihofer’s Run for Women on Saturday May 30th! Have kids and need something for them to do, too? No worries! All ages can participate in one of the biggest races in the area. The run starts at 9:30 am and the start and finish lines will be on Washington Avenue right next to the Capitol and in front of City Hall.
- Planning a night out with friends? Singers Shawn Mendes and Jacquie Lee will be performing at Upstate Concert Hall this Friday the 29th! The show starts at 8 pm and tickets cost $32.50 which includes a copy of Shawn’s CD.
- Prefer rock and roll from the 50s, 60s and 70s? “Greetings from Rock n Roll USA” – A Tribute to Roy Orbison – is performing at the Proctors Theatre at 3:30 and again at 7:30. Tickets are $40.
- This Saturday starting at 10:30 am, the Rensselaer County Historical Society will host a walking tour in downtown Troy while discussing progressive women in Troy’s history! Some of these compelling historic figures include Emma Willard, Betsey Hart, and more. Tickets can be purchased at the Troy Waterfront Farmers’ Market Info Table for $5.