Need plans for this weekend? Luckily, Albany and the Capital Region area are filled with great events, including several fun and family-friendly festivals. Check it out:
Festivals, Fairs & Celebrations
All Weekend Long
- The 40th Annual St. George Greek Festival will be held at the Hellenic Center in Schenectady from 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM on Friday and Saturday and from 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM on Sunday.
- The Hispanic Heritage Celebration presented by SONYMA starring Alex Matos will take place in Empire State Plaza. Don’t miss out on live music, dancing, food and family friendly activities.
- The 10th Annual Little Italy StreetFest will take place on North Jay Street in Schenectady from 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM. The day will feature Italian favorites the community has come to know and love for over 90 years.
- The 6th Annual Pearl Palooza is happening on Saturday! Enjoy great bands, a variety of food vendors and more. This year will feature Matisyahu, Wild Adriatic and other talented artists.
- What could be better than live jazz and a view of the river? Swing over to Albany’s Riverfront Jazz Festival on Saturday afternoon. Want a great view of the festival’s fireworks? Jump aboard the Jazz Fest Fireworks Cruise from 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM.
- The 64th Annual Stockade Villagers’ Art Show will take place in the beautiful Stockade Neighborhood in Schenectady. Browse through a variety of art and enjoy New York’s first historic district.
- Urban RAID is taking on Albany! Buy your tickets for a day filled with fitness and fun.
- The Teal Ribbon Run/Walk will take place in Washington Park on Sunday morning to raise funds for ovarian cancer. Register your team today!
- Peter Case, a Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter and producer, will perform live at The Linda on Saturday!
- ERRA, Polyphia, Invent, Animate, The After Image, In Trenches & Dark Matter will be at Upstate Concert Hall. Get your tickets!
Take a look at the full list of Albany events!