It’s almost the weekend! Looking for plans in the Albany area? We’ve rounded up our top picks from 5Ks to galas. Check it out:
Galas & Celebrations
- The 2015 Pride Center Gala will take place on Friday evening at the Hilton Albany. This special night benefits the Pride Center of the Capital Region and celebrates the important contributions of this year’s honorees who work hard to empower the LGBTQ community. Buy your tickets today!
- Albany Barn’s 4th Annual FUSION event will also take place on Friday. Starting at 6:00 PM, guests can enjoy performances and installations by local artists that spotlight innovators and unsung heroes from the Capital Region’s diverse history. In addition, there will be live music, creative cocktails and delicious eats.
- WWAARC will host their 5th Annual Fall Gala: Jerseys, Jeans and Jewels on Friday. There will be culinary delights, fine wine, a chocolate dessert contest and sports stars in attendance!
Runs & Walks
- St. Catherine’s 2nd Annual Running SCCCared 5K Family Run/Walk will take place at The Crossings in Colonie. Runners are encouraged to wear costumes — the more creative, the better! There will be children’s activities, snacks and monsters lurking about to encourage you to run faster.
- The FARE Walk for Food Allergy will also take place at The Crossings on Sunday. Register today and take part in fun activities all morning long to help advance food allergy research and awareness.
Food, Wine & Beer
- The Downtown Albany Food Fight — Pickle(d) Edition is slated for Saturday! Vendors will sell a tasting of their prepared pickle or pickled item to the public for one dollar.
- Brown’s Brewing Co. will host their 8th Annual Octoberfest Benefit on Saturday. Enjoy great food, great music, great cheer, most importantly, a great cause! Funds will benefit the Rensselaer Land Trust.
- Local Yokel, The City Beer Hall’s Fall Festival, will feature local beer, food and liquor. There will also be live music and live art! Festivities kick off at 3:00 PM.
- Strange Brew — Craft Beer & a Movie will be held at The Madison Theatre. Sample local craft breweries from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM, then watch Strange Brew in the theater at 7:30 PM.
- Paint, sip and eat at Canvas, Corks & Forks in Schenectady. This week you can paint a pumpkin for your front door! As always, complimentary mac n’ cheese is included.
Theatre & Comedy
- Get ready for a night of nonstop laughs! Bombers in Troy will host the Belly Laughs Mini Comedy Festival on Friday. Tickets are $10 at the door and the show will feature seven comedians.
- Legendary comedian Wanda Sykes will grace the stage at the The Palace on Saturday. Don’t miss out!
- Head over to the Theatre Institute at Sage to catch Wait Until Dark, play popularized by the 1967 film starring Audrey Hepburn. Don’t miss out on this suspenseful production!
See the full list of events happening in Albany this weekend!