It may chilly outside, but that’s no excuse to stay in! Check out all there is to do in and around Albany this weekend:
All Weekend Long
- The ice rink at Empire State Plaza will be open daily this weekend from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM! Enjoy rentals, free skating, a snack bar and more. Make sure to bundle up!
Saturday & Sunday
- Have you ever wanted to learn how to curl? The Albany Curling Club is hosting an open house on Saturday and Sunday. Head out on the ice where trainers will teach you how to throw the stone and sweep it in.
- MopCo will kick off the 2016 season at Proctors in their favorite format: Theatresports! Theatresports combines all the fun and creativity of improv with the excitement of a sporting events. Teams of improvisers will compete for your approval by making up scenes, songs and stories based on your suggestions.
- Head to the Times Union Center for the Albany Devils game on Saturday for LGBTQ night! After the game, stick around to watch the Albany Bombers Gay Hockey Association and the Boston Pride Hockey-Boston Lobsters face off on the ice.
- The Albany Symphony Orchestra will perform at the Palace Theatre on Saturday evening. Get your tickets today!
- The model trains are back at miSci! Explore the intricate 19 by 27 foot display of running O Gauge trains, science toys and more.
- Wind down on Sunday afternoon with a performance by the Schenectady Symphony at Proctors. Don’t miss it!
Looking for more weekend fun in Albany? Check out the full event listings!