Looking for plans this weekend in Albany for the long weekend? We’ve rounded up our top picks for things to do, check them out!
All Weekend Long
- The Annual Albany Chefs’ Food & Wine Festival will kick off Thursday and conclude on Saturday. There will be a Grand Tasting, Battle of the Bartenders and more. Get your tickets today!
- With the winter weather finally upon us, why not go ice skating? The ice rink at Empire State Plaza will be open daily with a Try Hockey for Free clinic on Saturday morning.
- The Albany Shindig will be held at the First Congregational Church on Friday evening. There will be refreshments, live music and the opportunity to learn traditional dances!
- Head over to Madison Theater to hear the sounds of Garland Jeffreys & Band. You won’t want to miss it!
- Learn how to paint a classic birch tree with a cardinal on Saturday at Canvas, Corks and Forks in Schenectady. Not only is this is a paint and sip class, there’s also a complimentary mac and cheese bar!
- Love monster trucks? Then you’ll want to head to the Times Union Center for Monster Jam! Watch twelve-feet-tall trucks rip through a custom-designed track full of obstacles.
- The Linda will host its Second Annual Winter Warm Up to help shake out those cold weather blues. There will be three great regional bands and maybe even a special guest or two to get you up and moving.
- Wind down on Sunday with Clifton Park’s own Northeast String Orchestra at Schenectady County Community College’s School of Music. The concert is free and open to the public!
Monday — Martin Luther King Day
- There will be a Memorial Observance for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at the Empire State Plaza on Monday morning. There will also be an exhibit, quilt display and more.
- The Children’s Museum of Science and Technology will host a Kitchen Concoctions Day Camp on Monday!
- The Albany Institute of History & Art will offer free admission on Monday! There will also be a drop-in “Making in the Art Studio” and a panel discussion called “The Brothers: The Forgotten Struggle for Civil Rights in Albany.”
Looking for more fun things to do? Check out the full list of events in Albany!