The 68th Annual Albany Tulip Festival is this weekend, and before you head into downtown Albany, you will want to make sure you read up on these road closures and parking restrictions from the Albany Police. Attending the Festival? There’s also shuttle bus information and details on where to park.
Friday, May 6, at 6:00 a.m. through Sunday, May 8
1. Washington Park Road, east side from Hudson Avenue north 6 spaces
2. Washington Park Road, both sides from New Scotland Avenue to Lake Avenue
May 7th at 12:01 a.m. until May 8th at 8:00 p.m.
1. Washington Park – ALL ROADWAYS including Henry Johnson Boulevard
May 7th and May 8th 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. each day
1. Englewood Place, both sides from Western Avenue to the south dead end
2. Thurlow Terrace, both sides form Western Avenue to the south dead end
May 7th at 6:00 a.m. until May 8th at 8:00 p.m.
1. Madison Avenue, north side from the bus stop east of New Scotland Avenue east 12 spaces
2. State Street, south side 4 spaces west of Henry Johnson Boulevard
3. S. Pearl Street, west side 2 spaces south of State Street
4. Madison Avenue, north side 2 spaces west of Grand Street
5. Elk Street, both sides 3 spaces west of Eagle Street
6. Elk Street, north side 3 spaces west Hawk Street
CDTA Shuttle Bus:
Parking in and around Washington Park is limited. A CDTA shuttle bus will be running from 10:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. both Saturday, May 7th and Sunday, May 8th. The bus will make a loop to the following stops where parking is available:
1. State Street at Henry Johnson Boulevard. The bus will stop on the southwest corner on State Street.
2. South Pearl Street at State Street. The bus will stop on the southwest corner on South Pearl Street.
3. Madison Avenue & Eagle Street. The bus will stop on the northeast corner on Madison Avenue.
4. Elk Street at Eagle Street. The bus will stop on Elk Street.
5. Elk Street at North Hawk Street. The bus will stop on Elk Street.
Friday May 6, 2016 at 6:00 a.m. through Sunday May 8, 2016
1. Washington Park Road, from New Scotland Avenue to Lake Avenue
Saturday, May 7, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. until Sunday May 8, 2016 at 8:00 p.m.
1. Washington Park, ALL ROADS, will be closed to all traffic.
Additionally, the following roadways will be closed on May 7th and May 8th from 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. each day: to all but local (resident and emergency vehicles) traffic:
1. Lancaster Street between Lark Street and Willett Street
2. Hudson Avenue between Lark Street and Willett Street
3. Willett Street between Madison Avenue and State Street
4. Henry Johnson between Western and State Street
5. State Street between Robin and Lark Street
On both May 7th and 8th from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. the following roadway will be closed to all traffic:
1. Englewood Place between Western Avenue and the south dead end.
Where To Park:
Parking is available for residents where parking is affected by the event. The following parking areas are available on the above mentioned shuttle stop locations:
1. East Parking Garage located at the corner of Madison Avenue and Eagle Street. Parking is available starting Friday May 6, 2016 after 4:00 p.m. until Monday May 9, 2016 at 6:00 a.m.
2. Cathedral & Museum Visitor Lot located in the rear of the Cathedral of Immaculate Conception on Madison Avenue west of Eagle Street. Parking is available on both May 7th and May 8th from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
3. Elk Street State parking areas. There are several surface parking areas operated by NYSOGS that are available in this area starting Friday May 6, 2016 after 4:00 p.m. until Monday May 9, 2016 at 6:00 a.m.
All vehicles parked in these areas must be removed by Monday May 9, 2016 at 6 a.m.
Remember to be safe and have fun!