Is that a party on top of Dunkin’ Donuts? You may be half asleep on your Friday morning coffee run, but don’t worry: you’re not just seeing things. On Friday, August 17, you’re invited to “Cops on Top,” an annual sit-in supporting the Special Olympics. Help your local officers raise funds for a fantastic cause — while enjoying some delicious donuts, of course!
Doing Good at Dunkin’
Local law enforcement officers will be standing on the rooftops of Capital Region Dunkin’ Donuts shops, while Special Olympics athletes collect donations this Friday in support of training and future competitions.
In a statement, Dunkin’ Donuts Integrated Marketing Manager Eric Stensland said, “Dunkin’ Donuts is honored to support the vital efforts and programs of Special Olympics New York to enhance the lives of both children and adults with developmental disabilities. We’re thrilled to be able to partner with our network of generous guests to support this important organization.”
To thank you for your donation, Dunkin’ Donuts will give you a coupon for a free donut. To participate in this Friday’s “Cops on Top,” visit any of the following shop locations:
- 1425 Washington Avenue, Albany,
- 749 Hoosick Street, Troy,
- 1003 Troy Schenectady Road, Latham,
- 135 W. Campbell Road, Rotterdam,
- 1900 Curry Road, Schenectady,
- 2060 Western Avenue, Guilderland,
- 97 Troy Road, East Greenbush,
- 92 Saratoga Street, Cohoes,
- Upper Broadway, Fort Edward,
- 365 Dix Avenue, Queensbury,
- 509 State Route 67, Malta,
- 194 Church Avenue, Ballston Spa,
- 17 Mohawk Avenue, Scotia, or
- 266 Saratoga Road, Glenville.
About Special Olympics
Providing sports training and competition to children and adults with intellectual disabilities, Special Olympics New York is a year-round program, free to athletes and their caregivers. With 66,835 athletes and unified partners currently training and competing, Special Olympics New York is the largest Special Olympics program in North America. To learn more, visit nyso.org.