Although we’ve made it through the first major snow storm of the year, we aren’t out of the woods yet. To ensure the roads are cleared of snow and safe for travel, the City of Albany has declared a snow emergency beginning Monday, January 21, 2019 at 8:00pm.
Prepare for Albany’s Snow Emergency
During snow emergencies, all normal parking rules and regulations are temporarily suspended in Albany. Special regulations must be followed if you don’t want your vehicle ticketed or towed.
Starting Monday, January 21, at 8:00pm, all vehicles must be parked on the even numbered side of the street for 24 hours. Then, beginning Tuesday, January 22, at 8:00pm, all vehicles must be parked on the odd numbered side of the street for 24 hours.
For streets with both odd and even numbered addresses, or no addresses, the City of Albany will install signs that indicate which sides are odd or even for the snow emergency.
Your vehicle will be ticketed and may be towed if you are parked on the wrong side of the street during a snow emergency. After the second 24-hour period, stay tuned for additional announcements.
Find Convenient Parking Options
Concerned about the parking situation in Albany? The city has opened up additional parking at various lots that will be available during the snow emergency:
Arbor Hill/Sheridan Hollow
- Parking area adjoining Arbor Hill Softball Field (North Lark St.)
- 230 Colonie St. (playground lot)
- 178 Colonie St. (playground lot)
- Ten Broeck Mansion (parking lot & sidewalk west end)
- Quackenbush Garage (limited availability)
- Ridgefield Park (enter on Partridge St.)
- Woodlawn Park Little League
- Westland Hills/Waterson Park (enter on Colvin Ave.)
- Washington Park (all roadways and parking areas)
- Krank Park Area
- Franklin St. (between Schuyler St. & Bassett St. – east side)
- Lincoln Park (all interior roadways & parking area)
- 77 Philip St. (playground)
- 88 Philip St. (playground)
- North Second St. & North Third St. (above Pearl St.)
- Parking area across from North Albany American Legion Post
- Bleecker Stadium (parking area & roadways)
- North side of Livingston Ave. parking lot (opposite Judson St.)