Attention all foodies! We’ve rounded up some major news from the Capital Region restaurant scene, including the reopening of a long-standing market & cafe and the opening of two other establishments. Plus, you can read on for info on Albany’s new professional lacrosse team, a unique art exhibition, and more.
Schenectady Market Reopens After Major Restorations
Arthur’s 1795, a local market and cafe in Schenectady, has been a part of the community since opening in 1795. Although the building closed in late 2018 for restorations, Arthur’s will finally reopen on March 4. During their soft opening, March 4-8, reservations are required to come inside and check out the market and cafe. Don’t have a reservation? You can order online and swing by their to-go window for pickup.
Get the Savory Details About Two New Capital Region Restaurants
Earlier this year, a new restaurant called Union Bonchon Chicken & Cajun Seafood opened on Union Street in Schenectady. They offer chicken wings, fried fish and seafood, bubble tea, fruit tea, and more. Union Bonchon is open 7 days a week from 11:00am-10:00pm.
In addition, La Capital Tacos recently opened on 4th Street in Troy, and they specialize in authentic Mexican cuisine, including tacos, tostadas, and quesadillas. The restaurant is open Tuesday – Saturday, 11:00am-8:00pm, and Sunday, 12:00pm-7:00pm.
Union College Launches a Unique Online Exhibition
“Pause,” a new exhibition featuring works by the Union College Visual Arts Department’s faculty and staff, is only available to the public as a virtual 3D model. The exhibition showcases what artists have been working on since the start of the pandemic. On Wednesday, March 10, Union College will host an official Online Opening and Artist Talks event via Zoom.
Professional Lacrosse to Return to the Times Union Center
After nearly two decades, professional lacrosse will return to the Times Union Center in Albany this year. The National Lacrosse League recently announced that The New England Black Wolves are moving to the Times Union Center and will receive a new name. If you’d like to suggest a team name, then visit their new website here: https://albanynll.com/community/name-the-team/
Drive-Thru Food Pantry to Be Held in Albany
On Friday, February 26, Brighter Choice Charter Elementary Schools will host a Drive-Thru Food Pantry at their Girls School, which is located at 250 Central Avenue in Albany. This is open to all Brighter Choice families and members of the community, and the food pantry will run from 12:30pm-5:30pm. Please enter the drive-thru line from North Lake Avenue.
Find Fun Events Happening In-Person or Virtually
Looking for things to do in the Capital Region or at home? Here are some highlights from the events calendar for this weekend and next week.
- Troy Night Out: February 26
- Grab-and-Go Clothing, Food & Supplies: February 27
- Blackdome Music Virtual Concert Series: Ian Flanigan: February 27
- An Acoustic Evening with The Wheel at Troy Savings Bank Music Hall: February 27
- Make It Up State’s The Marketplace: February 28
- WARDEN AND CO: Open For Take-Out Virtual Concert Series: March 1 – 2
- Grab-and-Go Clothing, Food & Supplies: March 4
- WAMC – Albany’s Times Union Center Introduces New Pro Lacrosse Team Tenant
- Times Union – Chicken-and-seafood restaurant opens in Schenectady
- Albany Business Review – Troy farmers market vendor La Capital Tacos opens brick-and-mortar location
- Daily Gazette – Schenectady Stockade’s Arthur’s Market, gathering place for decades, to reopen March 4