From Capital Region summer concerts to a new Dinosaur Adventure Drive-Thru, we’ve rounded up all the big events you should know about. Plus, read on for 4 major announcements, including the reopening of a popular improv theatre.
Mark Your Calendar for Dinosaurs, Summer Concerts & Other Events
There are a lot of fun events happening this week and next in the local area:
- Dinosaur Adventure Drive-Thru: Multiple Dates
- Summer Square Concert Series – MC²: July 23
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | Bites Camera Action Movie Series: July 23
- Sharon Springs Community-wide Garage Sale: July 24
- Summer Mall Expo at Colonie Center: July 24 – 25
- Summer Square Concert Series – Joe Gorman: July 24
- 2021 Powers Park Concert Series: Legend: July 24
- Freedom Park Summer Concert Series: Heard: July 24
- The Secret Life of Pets 2 – Free Summer Movie at the Palace Theatre: July 27
- Freedom Park Summer Concert Series: Brian Patneaude Quintet: July 28
- Capitol Park After Dark Movie Series: On the Town: July 28
- Rock the Block: Skeeter Creek: July 29
Check Out 4 Exciting Announcements From Around the Region
Stop By to See Nine Pin Cider’s New Rose Room
After opening for a limited time before being forced to close in 2020, Nine Pin Cider’s new events space, The Rose Room, is once again available for private events. To celebrate The Rose Room’s grand reopening, Nine Pin Cider will host a special Opening Ceremony event later today (July 23). Join them at 6:00pm for complimentary hors d’oeuvres, drink some cider, and then watch the Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony at 7:30pm.
The Mopco Improv Theatre Announces Official Reopening
The Capital Region continues to reopen this summer, and in Schenectady, The Mopco Improv Theatre will open their doors to audiences for the first time in over a year on July 23 & 24. According to The Mopco’s website, livestreamed shows and hybrid classes will still be available, and they are looking forward to offering expanded programming and showing off their new and improved cafe and studio space.
Downtown Albany BID to Present NamaState Street Yoga Classes
On Saturdays in August and Wednesdays in September, the Downtown Albany Business Improvement District (BID) in association with the State University of New York will present NamaState Street Yoga, a series of free yoga classes at SUNY Plaza Park. NamaState Street Yoga is open to people of all skill levels, and certified instructors will lead the one-hour classes. Registration is available on Eventbrite; get details on the first class on Saturday, August 7.
Popular Coffee Shop to Open New Location in Stuyvesant Plaza
Known throughout the Capital Region for their fresh-roasted coffee and house-made bagels, Uncommon Grounds has announced plans to open a new location in Albany’s Stuyvesant Plaza later this year, reports News10 ABC. The coffee shop will occupy the former home of Bruegger’s Bagels, and they are excited to join the wide array of stores and restaurants at the plaza. This will be Uncommon Grounds’ fourth location, as they currently operate coffee shops in Saratoga Springs, Clifton Park, and on Western Avenue in Albany.
- News10 ABC: Uncommon Grounds to open new location in Stuyvesant Plaza