Whether you’re looking for some frosty fun, family-friendly activities, or a new bagel spot, we’ve rounded up all the news you need to know in the Albany area.
An Ice Bar, Ice Fishing, and Other Upcoming Events
Don’t miss out on these great events happening now through next week:
- Empire ”Skate” Plaza: Tuesdays – Sundays
- FLY – Capital Repertory Theatre: February 8-13 and additional dates
- Fire & Ice Bar at The Mill on Round Lake: February 11-12
- Cupid’s Crush 2nd Annual Gift & Art Expo: February 11-13
- River Street Winter Market: February 11
- Valentine’s Dance Party & More at River Street Market: February 11
- Thompson’s Lake Ice Fishing Contest: February 12
- Town of Clifton Park Winterfest: February 12
- Cabin Fever Day at Wolf Hollow Brewing Company: February 12
- Valentine’s Day Date Night at Nine Pin: February 14
- John Mayer at MVP Arena: February 17
St. Patrick’s Day, an Annual Race, and More Newsy Updates
The Albany St. Patrick’s Day Parade Is Scheduled to Return to Downtown
After being held virtually in 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Albany and the St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee have stated that the 2022 Albany St. Patrick’s Day Parade will be an in-person event on Saturday, March 12 (barring any mass-gathering prohibitions). The day’s events will begin with the traditional Mass at Blessed Sacrament Church at 9:00am, and then the parade will kick off at the corner of Quail and Central Avenues at 2:00pm.
Registration Is Open for the Freihofer’s® Run for Women
On Wednesday, February 2, the Freihofer’s® Run for Women and Albany Mayor Kathy Sheehan announced that registration is now open for the 44th edition of this highly anticipated road race. Each year, the Freihofer’s® Run for Women brings together thousands of women and girls for a sporting event that has become a local tradition in Albany. This year’s race will include both an in-person race on June 4 and a virtual option from May 29 – June 5.
Enjoy NY-Style Bagels at The Works Cafe
Are you a fan of fresh, NY-style bagels? Plan a trip to the new Works Cafe at Newton Plaza in Latham. With nine locations across the Northeast, The Works Cafe specializes in house-made bagels made with local ingredients, artisan sandwiches, salads, and more. Their Latham location is currently open daily from 6:00am-8:00pm, and breakfast is available all day.
- CBS 6 News: Albany St. Patrick’s Day Parade to return after COVID hiatus