||Some community members show off their finest Victorian apparel at the annual Victorian Stroll in Downtown Troy, NY.
Celebrate the holidays Victorian style at the Troy Victorian Stroll, taking place on Sunday, December 4, 2016! This year marks the 34th anniversary of the Victorian Stroll. The theme for this year is Celebrating Troy's Bicentennial!
The city of Troy closes the streets to traffic for the evening to allow for this festive event. The Victorian Strolls runs from 11:00am to 5:00pm and has long been a heartwarming tradition for thousands of local families and visitors from all over the Northeast.
In fact, this is the largest free holiday festival in the entire Northeast with more than 100 live performances throughout the day!
Here's what you can expect:
- Juggling acts, carolers, musicians, entertainers
- Father Christmas
- Wooden toys and commemorative ornaments
- Ice sculptures and decorative displays
- People dressed in Victorian period attire
- Refreshments and giveaways
- Window Decorating Contest among local businesses
- Photo contest
As evening falls on the city, Monument Square lights up with hundreds of LED bulbs in the shape of a giant Christmas tree. Though the lights are white in color, they draw less than 300 total watts, so it's even environmentally-friendly!
Come and witness the holiday magic as downtown Troy is transformed into a Victorian winter wonderland!
For more information please call the Rensselaer Chamber of Commerce at (518) 274-7020.
Also, check out a similar event that happens in Saratoga Springs, the Victorian Streetwalk.
« See the Albany Holiday Guide
View All Holiday Events >>
- St. Patrick's Day Party featuring Get Up Jack
Sat, Mar 4, 2017
- 67th Annual Albany St. Patrick's Day Parade
Sat, Mar 11, 2017
- Free St. Patrick's Day Cab Rides Home
Fri, Mar 17, 2017 until Sat, Mar 18, 2017
- Breakfast with the Easter Bunny & Easter Egg Hunt!
Sun, Apr 9, 2017