There are two parades this weekend in Albany that will require road closures and parking restrictions along their routes. Check below if you need to plan your routes around the North Albany Limerick Parade or the St. Patrick’s Day Parade tomorrow!
The North Albany Limerick Parade begins on North First Street, goes south on North Pearl Street to Emmett Street, turns east down Emmett Street to Broadway, turns north onto Broadway, then south on South Pearl Street and back to North First Street.
The parade runs from Noon – 1:00 pm.
- N. First Street between Broadway and Van Rensselaer Avenue
- N. Pearl Street between Wolfert Avenue and Emmett Street
- Broadway between Wolfert Avenue and Emmett Street
- North Second Street, eastbound at Broadway & eastbound and westbound at N. Pearl Street
- N. Third Street, eastbound at Broadway & eastbound and westbound at N. Pearl Street
- Lawn Avenue, westbound at Broadway & eastbound and westbound at North Pearl Street
- Bonheim Street, eastbound at Broadway & eastbound and westbound at N. Pearl Street
- Lindbergh Avenue, eastbound at Broadway & eastbound and westbound at N. Pearl Street
The St. Patrick’s Day Parade will start at Central Avenue at Quail Street, and runs east on Central Ave. to Washington Ave, east on Washington Ave. to State Street, and east on State to Lodge Street.
This parade is from 2:00 – 4:00 pm.
Starting at 12 noon
- Central Avenue between Manning Boulevard and Quail Street for parade line-up
- State Street between Broadway and Eagle Street for parade setup
At 1 p.m.
- All east and west-bound traffic on the parade route; north and south cross traffic will be permitted
At 1:30 p.m.
- Parade route will be closed to ALL traffic
- All cross streets along the parade route will be closed as the parade progresses along the route (this will include N. and S. Pearl Streets from Pine Street to Hudson Avenue).
Parking Restrictions from 7:00 am – 6:00 pm:
- Central Avenue, both north and south side of the street between Ontario Street and N. Lake Avenue
- Quail Street, east side from Central Avenue to Sherman Street
- Washington Avenue, south side from Dove Street to S. Swan Street
- State Street, north side from Eagle Street to S. Pearl Street
- State Street, both north and south sides from Pearl Street to Broadway
- State Street, north side from S. Swan Street to opposite Empire State Plaza roadway
- Eagle Street, east side from Corning Place to Pine Street
- Broadway, both sides from Pine Street to Hudson Avenue
- S. Pearl Street, both sides from State Street to Beaver Street