For those of you who may not know, this month is not only a time for Easter Eggs, April Showers, and Opening Day of the Major League Baseball season, but it’s also your opportunity to give jazz music the appreciation it deserves!
In honor of Jazz Appreciation Month, we wanted to highlight some of the area’s best jazz venues and hopefully inspire you to get out and experience the music for yourself.
AlbanyJazz.com is a one-stop-shop for all things jazz, from musicians to venues to an events calendar and more, so here are some of their top locations for you to enjoy jazz music all month long (and beyond)!
- Speakeasy518 – 42 Howard Street, Albany – This unique location features jazz performances from Monday-Saturday every week, so you’ll have plenty of chances to stop by.
- 677 Prime – 677 Broadway, Albany – This upscale steakhouse hosts live music Wednesday-Saturday from 6:30pm to 10:00pm, but it isn’t jazz every night, so you’ll have to plan when to go according to their schedule.
- Athos – 1814 Western Avenue, Albany – Known for its Greek cuisine, Athos also does jazz right. Friday nights are live music nights, with performances starting at 7:00pm.
- The Stockade Inn – 1 North Church Street, Schenectady – This charming inn in the Stockade District of Schenectady has a regular jazz schedule on Thursday and Friday nights from 7:00pm-10:00pm.
- One Caroline Street – 1 Caroline Street, Saratoga Springs – If you don’t mind driving to the Spa City, this bistro has weekly live performances Wednesday-Sunday with a variety of styles, including jazz.
- 9 Maple Avenue – 9 Maple Avenue, Saratoga Springs – While you’re in Saratoga, stop by this jazz bar, which features a large selection of single malt scotches and live jazz every Friday and Saturday from 9:00pm-1:00am.