Looking for something to do this weekend after a long week of work? With summer quickly approaching the Capital Region, there are several fun events lined up. From food and drink to health and wellness to live music, we’ve rounded up our favorite events happening in Albany.
Food and Drink:
- Do food trucks, music and a beautiful park interest you? If the answer is yes, head to the Fork in the Road Food Truck Festival this Friday, June 5th from 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at Tricentennial Park!
Enjoy tasting delicious food from varying food trucks while music from
the 1950’s and 60’s fills the air. This is in conjunction with 1st Friday Albany so swing by the Albany Center Gallery after you eat and take a peek at the beautiful artwork!
- If you’re a tea fanatic, you won’t want to miss out on the Albany Tea Festival at 435 New Scotland Avenue on Friday, June 5th from 5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.! Tea tastings, discussions, and vendor tables will all be part of this inaugural event. Plus, admission is FREE. Tea lovers, don’t miss out on this exciting new festival in Albany!
- Painting, sipping AND eating? If that sounds as good to you as it does to us, head to Canvas, Corks & Forks on Saturday, June 6th from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. This painting class
is perfect for enjoying a night out with friends or with that special
someone! Sit back and relax while painting a masterpiece, sipping on
wine and eating delicious mac n’ cheese!
Fitness, Health & Wellness:
- Continue the Pride Week excitement with the 8th Annual Pride 5K this Sunday, June 7th! If you waited until the last minute to register, don’t worry! You can register the day of, as well. The race starts at 8:00 a.m. at the Albany Corning Preserve at the Boat Launch. So get some exercise while having fun and be a part of Capital Pride 2015!
- On Friday, June 5th, a FREE yoga class is being offered at Athleta in Crossgates Mall! Unwind after a busy week from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and
start the weekend feeling refreshed and energized. After the class,
take a browse through the store! You may find something perfect to relax
in this weekend.
- Get the kids out of the house on Saturday, June 6th from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.for H.E.R.O. 5K Family Day!
A lot will be going on at this fun-filled event including the 5K race, a
rock wall provided by the National Guard, K9 dog shows, pony rides and
more! Best of all? This event is FREE. Don’t miss out!
- Join Graham Alexander and his band at The Linda to celebrate the release of their critically-heralded sophomore album, Repeat Deceiver. Tickets are just $15 and ticket holders are also invited to a meet and greet with Graham and his band after the performance!
- Check out the Forever Charlie Tour with Charlie Wilson, Kem, and featuring Joe at the Times Union Center this Friday, June 5th for great, live music! The show starts at 8:00 p.m!
- Have a stompin’ good time with the Ramblin Jug Stompers at The City Beer Hall, Friday, June 5th from 10 pm to midnight.
- Head to TJ’s Flightline Pub in Schenectady on Saturday, June 6th, to see blues hall-of-famer Rhett Tyler and his band. It’s just $5 at the door and the music begins at 9 pm.
- Tour through various unique and beautifully decorated homes in the Capital Region this Saturday, June 6th and Sunday, June 7th at the CRBRA Capital Region Parade of Homes. With the purchase of a ticket ($20), you will also be able to get afreecar wash at Hoffman Car Wash. Tickets can either be purchased online, at Trustco Bank locations, or at Curtis Lumber in Ballston Spa.
- Stop by The Bookhouse in Stuyvesant Plaza this Saturday, June 6th from 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. for a free discussion and signing of “The Spirit of New York: Defining Events in the Empire State’s History”. Learn about our state’s history and pick up a great summer read!
Still looking for something to do this weekend? Check out more fun, exciting events happening in the Capital Region!