The City of Albany has collaborated with KeyBank and the Food Pantries for the Capital District to create a citywide food drive that began this past Monday and will run through August 7th.
photo credit: soup can 5-3-09 IMG_3506 via photopin (license)
Food drives such as this one are able to provide 932,000 meals to families in need in the Capital Region. Want to help? Check out where you can drop off healthy, nonperishable food items Monday through Friday:
- Albany City Hall: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Albany Fire Department
- Albany Police Department locations: 165 Henry Johnson Blvd., 170 Henry Johnson Blvd., 536 Western Ave., and 126 Arch St.
- Albany Heritage Area Visitors Center: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday; 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM Saturday; 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM Sunday
- Alive at Five Concert Series: 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM Thursdays
- Albany Salvation Army: 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
- Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception
- Central Avenue BID Office: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- CLCC – The Help Center: 24/7 drop off available
- Downtown Albany BID Office: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- KeyBank, all Albany locations: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- The Food Pantries for the Capital District: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- Honest Weight Food Co-op: 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM daily
- St. James Rectory: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Cash donations will also be accepted at the Food Pantries’ office and Alive at Five on July 30th and August 6th.