Looking for great events to fill up your weekend schedule? Check out our top picks for this weekend:
Festivals and Markets
All Weekend Long
- The 2015 Great American Irish Festival is taking place at the Herkimer County Fairgrounds. All ages will enjoy live music, bagpipe bands and more!
- Cold beer and baseball – a combo that can’t be beat! The Sixth Annual Capital Region Craft Brewers Festival will take place at The Joe in Troy on Saturday. This fun-filled event will give visitors the chance to taste a huge selection of beer from over 30 brewers!
- The Mabee Farm CanalFest in Rotterdam on Saturday will celebrate all things Erie Canal related! Festivities include storytelling, music, games and more!
- Looking for great art and vintage treasures? Head to Troy’s Sunday Flea Market at the Riverfront Park.
- Head to Austerlitz, only a short drive away from Albany, for the 16th Annual Blueberry Festival. This popular event features 19th century craft demonstrations, live music, animals and more!
- Enjoy Singin’ in the Rain performed by Park Playhouse outdoors at the Washington Park Lakehouse.
- What’s better than a jog with a view? Run in Joggin’ For The Noggin’ on Saturday along the beautiful banks of the Hudson River.
Food & Wine
- Paint, sip and eat at Canvas Corks & Forks in Schenectady! As always, a free mac ‘n cheese bar is included with every class.
- Prepare Tuscan style dishes at The Cooking School in Latham on Saturday night! The class includes delicacies such as tuscan white bean soup, herb crusted rib-eye and bombolinis. Register today!
- Only a short drive away in Scotia, Freedom Park presents the Stockade Kids!
- Swing on over to Schenectady’s Central Park on Sunday evening for the Music Haven Concert Series featuring Bassekou Kouyate & Ngoni ba with Baye Kouyate.
Check out the complete list of weekend events in Albany!