Everyone knows downtown Albany is always filled with fun things to do during the Fourth of July. Luckily for us, this year the holiday falls on a weekend! There are a ton of great events going on to celebrate Independence Day and we’ve picked out our favorites. Check them out!
Family Fun & Celebrations
- Take me out to the… Tri-City ValleyCats game! It’s Red, White & Blue Glow in the Park Night at The Joe and you do not want to miss out! Enjoy the game, get free glow sticks and watch a spectacular fireworks show. Get your tickets today!
- July is here and that means one thing in Albany… First Friday! From 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM enjoy a diverse range of activities from free admission not museums, specials at boutiques, bars and restaurants and live entertainment showcases at a variety of venues.
- Head to miSci before the fireworks on Independence Day. Explore EARTH EXPOSED, a new traveling exhibit about the tumultuous forces of nature, a planetarium show every hour, and other interactive exhibits.
- Watch the best fireworks in Albany at New York State’s 4th of July Celebration at Empire State Plaza. There will be live music featuring Southside Johnny and The Asbury Jukes, great food and of course, fantastic pyrotechnics! Note, the city is packed on the 4th of July, get there early to enjoy great food, drinks and entertainment starting at 3:00 pm.
- See Park Playhouse’s production of Singin’ in the Rain on Sunday evening. This tap dancing spectacular is set in the dazzling world of Hollywood in the 1920’s. Lawn seating is free and premium reserved seats range from $15 – $18. Also, this is a GE Kids Get in Free event with the purchase of a premium reserved seating ticket.
Friday & Saturday
- Make the pilgrimmage up the Northway to see Dave Matthews Band at SPAC on Friday and/or Saturday. We promise it will be worth it! Buy your tickets before they sell out.
- Rockin’ On The River… on a Friday? It’s true! Head to downtown Troy for a special concert featuring Eastbound Jesus and The Hawkbuckees starting at 5:00 pm.
- The 3rd of July Fire & Ice Party is being held at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Latham on Friday evening. This free event will feature live music from Ben Zoleski, The Holly and Evan Band and a special performance by the Albany Fire Collective!
- Take a short drive to Scotia and enjoy free, outdoor live music at Freedom Park. This week will feature the sounds of Cello Voce!
For the Foodies
- Get the holiday weekend started with a bang! Learn how to improve your grilling with rubs, pastes and marinades at The Cooking School at Market Bistro. Register today!
- Paint, sip and eat at Canvas, Corks & Forks! Paint beautiful picture of a horse and gallop away with the class’s color choices or pick your own. As always, complimentary mac n’ cheese bar is included.
Happy Fourth of July from all of us at Albany.com! We hope to see you at one of these fun events this weekend. See the complete list of live music, events and more.