Need something to do this weekend? Take a look at our top picks of events in the Albany area.
Celebrations, Festivals and Fairs
All Weekend Long
- The 2015 Washington County Fair will take place all weekend long! Don’t miss out on great food, entertainment, rides, animals and so much more.
- Swing over to downtown Troy for August’s Troy Night Out celebration! This month’s theme is Sidewalk Sale.
- The 20th Annual Albany LatinFest will take place in Washington Park from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM. There will be musical performances, a wide array of food, arts and crafts vendors, children’s activities and more!
- Caribbean Day in the Park Family Fun Day will take place in Troy at Prospect Park from 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM. The day will feature an amazing display of Caribbean culture including music, food and other various entertainment acts.
- FantaCon 2015 will be held at The Egg from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This comic book marketplace will feature fantasy guests, thousands of fans and more!
Sports & Recreation
- What better way to start off your Saturday than with free yoga in Washington Park? Class starts at 10:00 AM.
- Walk for Wishes will take place from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM at Joe Bruno Stadium. This community-wide celebration will help raise funds to grant wishes of local children through the Make-A-Wish foundation.
- It’s NFL night at The Joe on Sunday! Watch the Tri-City ValleyCats take on the Brooklyn Cyclones and enjoy Wingfest along with the football themed treats.
- Albany Civic Theater will perform “Angel Street,” a Victorian thriller by Patrick Hamilton on Friday evening. Regular tickets are $18 and student tickets are $10. Reserve yours today!
- Tonight Show regular, Dion Flynn, will perform with Mopco at Proctors on Sunday evening. Don’t miss it!
- Paint, sip and eat at Canvas, Corks & Forks in Schenectady. Sunday’s featured painting will be a beautiful forest landscape.
- Morris Code will be at The Hollow! Get your tickets today.
- Lil Durk, Gun Play & Hypno Carlito will all be at Upstate Concert Hall on Sunday evening. Don’t miss it!
Check out the complete list of weekend happenings!