If you’re looking for holiday fun for everyone, then the Capital Region is the place to be. You can take a drive through the Capital Holiday Lights in the Park, meet Santa and all his friends at Wintertime Wonderland, or do some last-minute gift shopping. Read on to learn what’s new this weekend!
Make Plans for These Exciting Holiday Events
There are so many wonderful holiday season events to attend this year! Here’s what’s going on:
- Rotterdam’s 2nd Annual Christmas Market: Today through December 12
- 2021 Schenectady Festival of Trees: Today through December 23
- 2021 Troy Victorian Stroll: Today through December 31
- Holiday Lights Spectacular 2021: Today through January 3
- Empire ”Skate” Plaza: Today through December 12 (and other dates)
- Wintertime Wonderland: Today through December 12 (and other dates)
- 25th Annual Price Chopper/Market 32 Capital Holiday Lights in the Park: Today through January 2
- River Street Holiday Market: December 10
- Galleria 7 Market Vendor Fair: December 11
- Christmas Land in Altamont: December 11 – 12
- Lark Hall Winter Market: December 12
Local Deli & Restaurant News to Know About
A Popular Albany Deli Moves Down the Block
After closing for about a year, Maurice’s Delicatessen has officially moved from its location at 15 S. Pearl Street to 50 S. Pearl Street. The New York-style deli has been a fixture in Albany’s business district for 25 years, and they are known for offering the finest deli meats, high-quality sandwiches, soups, and salads.
Enjoy Breakfast All Day, Crepes, and More at The Skinny Pancake
The Skinny Pancake, a Vermont-based creperie, opened its new location at 1 Steuben Street in downtown Albany on Thursday, December 9. They serve breakfast all day, a variety of sweet and savory crepes, burgers and sandwiches, and other delicious menu items. Their current hours of operation are Sunday – Thursday, 8am-3pm, and Friday – Saturday, 8am-8pm; expanded hours will be coming soon.
Take Two Cafe Plans to Open an Arcade-Themed Bar and Restaurant
Local vegan restaurant Two Cafe Cafe in Schenectady has recently announced plans to open a new arcade-themed bar and restaurant next spring, reports the Albany Business Review. This new restaurant will feature old school arcade games, board games, cocktails and mocktails, craft beer, and 100% vegan pub food. Be sure to check out their Facebook page for further updates: https://www.facebook.com/taketwocafe
- Albany Business Review: Take Two plans sister location in Schenectady