Troy Chowderfest - October 12th, 2014
Taste the best chowder in the Capital Region at the 8th Annual Troy Chowderfest in Downtown Troy NY!
On October 12th, cast your vote for the People's Choice best local chowder after sampling your share of chowders from over 30 area restaurants!
One dollar gets you one ticket, which gets you one 4-ounce cup of chowder and you can taste as many as you like!
These restaurants must use local fresh ingredients in their recipes, so visitors will enjoy not only the freshest product, but will also be benefitting local business.
Prizes are awarded for best seafood, vegetarian, most original and overall favorite – judged by a secret panel of local restaurant critics. Festival-goers are able to vote on the coveted 'People's Choice' award.
Restaurants & Chowder Selections Include:
- Black Cat Ale House: Red & White Clam Chowder, Chicken Chipotle Corn Chowder
- Bountiful Bread: Roasted Butternut Squash Chowder
- B-Rad's Bistro & Catering: Chicken Cordon Bleu Chowder
- The Broadway Cafe:Oktoberfest Chowder
- Brown's Brewing Co: Lobster Seafood Chowder, Roasted Corn Poblamo Chowder
- Capital City Diner: Butternut Squash Bisque
- HVCC's E.O.C. Culinary Program: Clam, Corn, Andouille Sausage Chowder w/ Honey Cheddar Biscuit
- Finnbar's Pub: Pumpkin Chorizo Chowder
- Infinity Cafe: TBA
- Jack's Oyster House: TBA
- Mallozzi's: Autumn Pear Chowder and TBA
- McGreivey's: Buffalo Chicken Chowder w/ Blue Cheese Oyster Crackers
- O'Brien's Public House: TBA
- Price Chopper: Roasted Corn, Scallop & Shrimp Chowder
- Sweet Sue's: Gluten Free, Vegan, Thai-inspired Chowder
- Yanni's Too: Chicken Pot Pie Chowder, Louisiana Seafood Gulf Chowder
Chowderfest will take place along River Street in downtown Troy NY near the Green Island Bridge. The event begins at 12:00 pm in the afternoon and ends offically at 4:00 pm, but often the chowder runs out before then, so arrive early!
2014 Judges Panel:
Music Line Up:
Rich Ortiz - 12pm - 2pm
- Out of Control Rhythm & Blues Band - 2pm-4pm
Enjoy live, local musicians and fun for the whole family! A portion of the proceeds will go to a local partner charity, to be announced soon. The event is sponsored by the City of Troy as well as many local restaurants and businesses throughout the Capital Region.