The information you are viewing for this event is from 2017.
Please check back for updates.
11th Annual Troy Chowderfest In Troy NY
Come enjoy local chowder with a competitive edge. Over 30 restaurants are competing for best chowder. Who will win? You decide!
On October 8th you can cast your vote for the People's Choice best local chowder after sampling your share of chowders from over 30 area restaurants. One dollar gets you one ticket, which gets you a 3-ounce cup of chowder.
Purchase your $1 chowder tickets in Monument Square, Barker Park, or the Green Island Bridge Parking lot from 12pm to 3:30pm. Once you've received your tickets, redeem them for a 3-oz chowder sample at competitor locations. Only purchase what you will use. No refunds.
Credit cards will be accepted only at the Monument Square ticket sales location, at one of the designated ticket lines. Cash is preferred. There will be an ATM located in monument square and banks are located throughout downtown Troy for cash needs.
These restaurants must use local fresh ingredients in their recipes, so visitors will enjoy not only the freshest products but will also be benefitting local business. Prizes are awarded for best seafood, vegetarian, most original and overall favorite – judged by a secret panel of local restaurant critics. Festival-goers are able to vote on the coveted "People's Choice" award.
Make your vote known by picking up a People's Choice ballot with your tickets. Taste your way through downtown Troy and return your ballot to an information tent by 4pm.
The event is sponsored by the City of Troy as well as many local restaurants and businesses throughout the Capital Region.
Participating Restaurants & Chowders
- The Beer Diviner with Divine BBC Chowder, Divine Beer/Bacon/Roasted Corn Chowder
- Bootleggers Bar + Grill with Chicken Pot Pie Chowder
- B-Rad's Bistro & Catering with Caramelized Vidalia Onion, Smoked Shrimp, and Crispy Chorizo Chowder
- Brown's Brewing Company (chowder to be announced)
- Capital District EOC with Romanesco Clam Chowder
- Hooked Seafood Co. with Coconut Curry with Coconut and Scallops Bisque
- Hudson-Chatham Winery with Collar city Seyval Blanc Fish & Potato Stew
- McGreivey's with Buffalo Chicken Chowder
- Muddaddy Flats with Gingered Carrots & Kale Chowder; Fish Chowder
- O'Brien's Public House with Shepard's Pie Chowder
- Plumb Restaurant & Bar with Detroit-Stye Clam Chowder
- Prime at Husdon Valley Community College, Mazzone Hospitality, with The Breakway, New England Clam Chowder; Can I Bayou Chowda? Jambalaya-Style Chowder
- Rivers Casino & Resort with Chowder De Rabiosa, Smoked Chicken Green Chile Chowder
- The Ruck with Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Cheddar Chowder
- Ryan's Wake with Wake Up the Bayou Chowder
- Sodexo, The Sage Colleges Dining Services with Sweet Potato & Gouda Chowder
- The Shop with Mexican Street Corn Chowder; Traditional Smoked Haddock Chowder
- Troy Boys & Grils Club with Chicken & Waffles
- Whole Foods Market with Butternut Squash, Corn & Kale Chowder
- Steve Barnes with Table Hopping
- Deanna Fox with Fox on Food
- Louise Farbstein with Yelp Elite
- Chris Brown with the City of Troy
- Dan Van Cott with Edible Capital District
Fun for the Family
- Ragliacci Rags
- The Magic & Illusions of Jeggrey Jene
- Pumpkin Painting with Bash Birthday Parties
- Balloon Gal Jenny
- Activities & Games with the YMCA
- Fun with the National Guard
Live Music in Monument Square
- 12pm to 1pm: Dylan Perrillo Trio
- 1:30pm to 2:30pm: Matt Durfee
- 3pm to 4pm: Good Things: Great songs from modern masters
DJs in Downtown
- DJ Patrick Harris Jr - Barker Park
- DJ Session - Near the Beer Diviner
- DJ Jennifer Haley - Near the Beat Shop
- DJ Sean Desiree - Near Scarlet Seven Gallery
Getting Around Town
Downtown Troy is very walkable, though it's always fun to hop on the Chowder Shuttle. Stops will be made at, or close by each of the competitor restaurants. Tickets will not be sold on the shuttle so you must purchase them ahead of time at one of the three aforementioned locations, prior to getting on the shuttle.