Photo by Michael Panzarino
Alive at Five is Albany NY’s premiere free summer concert series! Every Thursday evening in the summer, distinguished national, regional and local artists bring their best performances to this popular event.
Due to construction at Corning Riverfront Park, this year's Alive at Five series will be held in Tricentennial Park, at the corner of Broadway and Columbia Street in Downtown Albany. The move is temporary, and the series will return to a vastly improved riverfront in 2017.
Since a summer party isn’t complete without ice-cold beer, lemonade, and a great BBQ, local vendors are always on hand supplying plenty of food and drinks.
Don't miss the Alive at Five outdoor summer concert series this year on Thursdays from June 9 - August 4, 2016 at 5:00pm... It keeps Albany alive!
2016 Summer Concert Series Lineup:
- Alive at Five: Dr. John & The Nite Trippers with Jocamo
Thu, Jun 9, 2016
- Alive at Five: The Joy Formidable with Good Fiction
Thu, Jun 16, 2016
- Alive at Five: Tony! Toni! Toné! with Tameka Amar
Thu, Jun 23, 2016
- Alive at Five: The Chronicles (as Earth, Wind, and Fire) with Thump Gospel (as Michael Jackson)
Thu, Jun 30, 2016
- Alive at Five: Enter the Haggis with Hair of the Dog
Thu, Jul 14, 2016
- Alive at Five: Bloc Party with Titanics
Thu, Jul 21, 2016
- Alive at Five: Locash with Skeeter Creek
Thu, Jul 28, 2016
- Alive at Five: Molly Hatchet with Tumbleweed Highway
Thu, Aug 4, 2016
Parking: $5 flat fee parking will be available at the Quackenbush Square Garage, located at 677 Broadway in Albany. CDTA will provide free Event Day Bus Passes for the dates of each Alive at Five concert to Albany County residents. Riders can pick up the passes at Albany City Hall and various locations throughout the city on the Wednesday before each show, while supplies last.
Rain location: Alive at Five may be moved to the rain location at the Corning Preserve Boat Launch, located under the 787 underpass at Colonie & Water Streets
For Albany restaurants and nightlife visit: Albany Restaurants or Albany Nightlife
Special Ground Rules in Effect:
- NO glass containers of any kind
- NO alcoholic beverages
- NO coolers, backpacks, bags, containers, packages, thermoses, cups, bottles, cans, flasks.
- NO animals or pets (Excludes ADA-defined service animals)
- Security personnel reserve the right to inspect any bag, container or package and confiscate any prohibited or illegal items.
- Any type of recording of the performance or presentation is prohibited without prior written consent.
- All attendees should be prepared to present age identification at any time if they intend to consume alcohol.
PLEASE NOTE: Ground rules are subject to change without notice. Exceptions made for medical or child-care reasons may be addressed individually.
Volunteer at Alive at Five! – Be close to all the action and enjoy great perks as an Alive at Five volunteer! Hundreds of volunteers are needed each week to make this event successful. If you are interested in volunteering, get more details here »
For more information contact the City of Albany Office of Special Events & Volunteer Services at (518) 434-2032 or visit their website »