St. Patrick's Day Parade in Albany, NY
67th Annual Albany St. Patrick's Day Parade: Saturday, March 11, 2017
Irish pipers, step dancers, and organizations will travel the parade route in celebration of St. Patrick's Day!
Parade Day Schedule:
- 9:00am - A mass will be held at Blessed Sacrament Church at 607 Central Avenue before the parade congregates.
- 11:00am - 4:00pm - The Irish American Heritage Museum and the City of Albany will host the Irish American Heritage Family Festival in Academy Park.
- 2:00pm - The parade will step off from Quail Street and Central Avenue.
What Is The Albany Parade Route?
- The parade will begin on Quail Street and Central Avenue
- It will travel east, merging with Washington Avenue
- The parade will then turn at City Hall and travel east on State Street to Pearl Street
Note: The parade is not on St. Patrick's Day, it is held the Saturday before the actual holiday.
Road Closures For The Albany St. Patrick's Day Parade
Starting at 1:00PM, Central Avenue between Manning Boulevard and Quail Street will be closed for the parade lineup.
At 1:15PM, the parade route will be closed to all traffic! This includes:
- Central Avenue starting at Quail Street
- Central Avenue to Washington Avenue
- Washington Avenue to State Street
- State Street to Pearl Street
At 1:30PM, all cross streets along the parade route will be closed off in preparation for the start of the parade. This includes North and South Pearl Streets from Pine Street to Hudson Avenue.
Parking Restrictions For The Albany St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Central Avenue, both sides from Ontario Street to Lake Avenue; 7:00AM-4:00PM
- Quail Street, east side from Central Ave to Sherman St; 7:00AM-4:00PM
- Washington Ave, south side from Dove St to South Swan St; 7:00AM-4:00PM
- Eagle Street, east side from Corning Pl to Pine St; 7:00AM-4:00PM
- State Street, both sides from Lark St east 3 spaces on each side; 7:00AM-4:00PM
- State Street, south side from South Swan St east to Plaza Road east of LOB; 7:00AM-4:00PM
- State Street, south side from Eagle Street to Pearl St; 7:00AM-4:00PM
- State Street, both sides from Pearl St to Broadway; 7:00AM-4:00PM
- South Swan Street, east side from Madison Ave to Washington Ave; 7:00AM-4:00PM
- Broadway, both sides from Pine Street to Hudson Avenue, 7:00AM-4:00PM
More St. Patrick's Day Events:
No upcoming events
Love those wailing bagpipes? Read about the Albany Pipe Band right here »