St. Patrick's Day Parade in Albany, NY
Mark your calendar for the 69th Annual Albany St. Patrick's Day Parade: Saturday, March 16, 2019
Irish pipers, step dancers, and organizations will travel the parade route through the City of Albany in celebration of St. Patrick's Day!
Parade Day Schedule:
- 9:00am - A mass will be held at Blessed Sacrament Church at 607 Central Avenue before the parade congregates.
- Reception following the mass with Irish music, breads, and coffee/tea at the Blessed Sacrament School auditorium
- 2:00pm - The parade will step off from Quail Street and Central Avenue
What is the Albany Parade Route?
- The parade will begin on Quail Street and Central Avenue
- It will travel east, merging with Washington Avenue
- The parade will then turn at City Hall and travel east on State Street to Pearl Street
Road Closures For the Albany St. Patrick's Day Parade
Starting at 11:00am, Central Avenue between Manning Boulevard and Quail Street will be closed for the parade lineup. Also at 11:00am, the 5K and parade route will be closed to ALL TRAFFIC.
PLEASE NOTE - All cross streets along the parade route will also be closed in preparation for the 5K and parade kick-off. This will include Eagle Street as well as North and South Pearl Streets from Pine Street to Hudson Avenue.
Parking Restrictions For the Albany St. Patrick's Day Parade
The following parking restrictions will be in effect from 6:00am-4:00pm on Saturday, March 16, 2019.
- Central Avenue, both sides from Ontario Street to Lake Avenue
- Quail Street, east side from Central Avenue to Sherman Street
- Washington Avenue, south side from Dove Street to South Swan Street
- Eagle Street, east side from Corning Place to Pine Street
- State Street, both sides from Lark Street east 3 spaces on each side
- State Street, south side from S. Swan Street east to Plaza Road east of LOB
- State Street, north side from Eagle Street to Pearl Street
- State Street, both sides from Pearl Street to Broadway
- South Swan Street, east side from Madison Avenue to Washington Avenue
- Broadway, both sides from Pine Street to Hudson Avenue
- Liberty Street, both sides from Hudson Avenue to Division Street (6:00am-8:00pm)
More Local St. Patrick's Day Events:
No upcoming events