4th Annual Gravel Gobbler
The fourth annual Gravel Gobbler is a fun, relaxed end-of-season event with great routes, craft beer, gourmet food truck fare, and all the proceeds go to benefit the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York. Sponsored by the Mohawk Hudson Cycling Club on Saturday, November 6, it's an unbeatable combo for gravel riders of all abilities.
This year’s event features new routes (which we will keep secret for now!) and on-site mechanical support offered by Karl Miller and his Velofix mobile repair shop. Riders can also expect a sweet surprise on event day!
Start and finish your ride at S&S Farm Brewery in Nassau, smack dab in the middle of an incredible network of gravel and dirt roads in northern Columbia County, N.Y., only minutes away from the nearest I-90 exit.
- The Big Bird Gravel: 38 miles, 3,400 feet vertical, 11 a.m. start.
- The Turkey Lurkey Gravel: 24 miles, 1,800 feet vertical, noon start.
- The Feathered Flyer Paved: 30 miles, 1,500 feet vertical, 12:30 p.m. start.
- $25 per ride through July 31
- $30 per rider August 1 through September 30
- $35 October 1 through November 4
- Registration closes end of day November 4
- Online registration only!
- Register early! NO day-of-event registration!
- Register at BikeReg.com
- EVENT IS LIMITED TO 200 RIDERS due to parking constraints
Other Event Details:
- Check in begins at 9:30 a.m. Bar and food service begins at 4:00 p.m.
- All COVID-19 public safety and social distancing restrictions in effect on the event date will be observed.
- Route maps, mobile device files, and other information will be emailed to riders approximately one week before the event.
- Gear: Gravel, cyclocross, mountain, or another wide tire bike. We do not recommend doing these gravel routes on anything less than 28mm tires.
- Safety: Helmets are absolutely required for all riders. We also strongly suggest you wear high-viz kit and run a front light and daylight rear flasher.
- Sag and staffed rest stops: There ain’t none! So bring everything you need to get back to the start . . . tube, pump, cell phone, cash, etc.
- Weather: Are you kidding? It's November! It might rain-or worse. No refunds, IOUs, rain checks, etc.
About the Regional Food Bank
The Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York proudly provides nutritious food year-round to food pantries and other charitable agencies to feed hungry people in 23 counties in northeastern New York. The annual Gravel Gobbler has generated $11,000 for the food bank since the event’s inception in 2018.
About S&S Farm Brewery
S&S (Sanford and Sentz) Farm Brewery has grown from a small family farm into a multi-faceted production farm to a dairy, and now, to a farm brewery. S&S produces New York brewed craft beer with a taste that can’t be duplicated anywhere else!