2016 Capital Region Apple & Wine Festival
Annual Capital Region Apple & Wine Festival on September 17 and 18, 2016
Visit the annual Capital Region Apple & Wine Festival at the Altamont Fairgrounds on September 17th and 18th, 2016. Admission is just $8, and children under 15 are free when accompanied by an adult. Saturday events run from 10am - 6pm and Sunday events are from 10am - 5pm.
Acres of free and convenient parking.
Sorry, no pets allowed.
Activities and Vendors:
- Juried Art & Craft Show
- Food Court
- Pride of NY Specialty Food Vendors
- Car Show
- Wine Tasting and Sales - Featuring major New York State Wineries
- Cooking demonstrations by Pampered Chef
- Haunted house presented by the Town of Guilderland Police Explorers
- Face painting
- Pumpkin painting
- Stilt walkers
- Bounces and slides
- Pony rides by Dream Ponies and petting zoo from 12pm to 4pm both days
- Amazing Kids Circus - performance times: Saturday, 12pm, 2pm, and 4pm; Sunday, 11am, 1pm, and 3pm
- The Incredible Larry - performance times: Saturday, 11am, 1pm, and 3pm; Sunday, 12pm, 2pm, and 4pm
- Plus Albany County Sheriff's Department, Operation Safe Child (affiliated with the Amber Alert Program)
Entertainment - Saturday the 17th
- Old Time Fiddlin & Banjo: 11:30am to 2:30pm
- 3 Wheel Drive: 12pm to 5:00pm
Entertainment - Sunday the 18th
- Old Time Fiddlin & Banjo: 12pm to 3pm
- Cryin' Out Loud: 1pm to 4pm
Car Show - Sunday the 18th, 10am to 3pm
All show cars enter at the Park Street Entrance. The gate for the show cars will open at 9am and close at 12pm for judging. There will be two show car classes (1980 and older/1980 and newer), with trophies for 1p 10 show cars in each class and awards given for best bikes. Awards will be given out at 2pm.
Dash plaques and goody bags will be given out to the first 50 cars that enter. The entrace fee is $10 per car/bike, which admits two people to the car show and the festival. Additional admissions for those over 15 may be purchased for $8 each.
There will also be a 50/50 raffle, wine tasting, craft booths, haunted house, bouncy bounce and slide, music, and lots of great apple treats as well.
Please contact email@example.com for questions about the car show.
Admission to the wine tasting builings is $7 per person and includes a 10oz souvenir wine tasting glass. Admission to the wine building to shop is free.
List of wineries participating:
- Adirondack Winery
- Altamont Vineyard & Winery
- Americana Vineyards & Winery
- Anthony Road Wine Company
- Ashley Lynn Winery
- Capoccia Vineyards & Winery
- Crooked Lake Winery
- Eagle Crest Vineyards
- Halfmoon Cellars Winery
- Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards
- Helderberg Meadoworks
- Heron Hill Winery
- Hudson-Chatham Winery
- Hunt Country Vineyards
- Idol Ridge Winery
- Lakeland Winery
- Miles Wine Cellars
- Montezuma Winery
- Pazdar Winery
- Raymor Estate Cellars
- Thousand Islands Winery
- Three Brothers Winery & Estates
- And more
This year 100 craft exhibitors will be accepted into the show, with opportunities to reserve souble booth spaces. The festival strives to present excellent craftwork for the public. For more information on the craft show, or to apply to be a vendor, visit www.appleandwinefestival.com/craftshow.html, or call Northeast Show Promoters at 518.786.1529.
Bring a non-perishable food item or make a monetary donation to the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York and receive a $1.00 off your next purchase of $10.00 or more at Altamont Orchards Farm Market, 6654 Dunnsville Road, Altamont, NY 12009.
The Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York will be located just inside the entrance.