2017 Capital Region Apple & Wine Festival - 25th Anniversary
Visit the annual Capital Region Apple & Wine Festival at the Altamont Fairgrounds on September 16 and 17, 2017. Admission is just $8, and children under 15 are free when accompanied by an adult.
- Saturday, 10:00AM - 6:00PM
- Sunday, 10:00AM - 5:00PM
Acres of free and convenient parking.
Sorry, no pets allowed.
Activities and Vendors
- Juried Art & Craft Show
- Food Court
- Pride of NY Specialty Food Vendors
- Car Show
- Wine Tasting and Sales - Featuring major New York State Wineries
- Kids Activities
- Face Painting
- Pumpkin Painting
- Haunted House presented by the Town of Guilderland Police Explorers
- Clowns, Jugglers & Stilt Walkers
- Bounces & Slides
- New This Year: Battle Bubble Ball Soccer
- Pony Rides & Petting Zoo by Dream Ponies and Zoo
- 12:00PM to 4:00PM both days
- Amazing Kids Circus - performance times:
- Saturday - 12:00PM, 2:00PM, and 4:00PM
- Sunday - 11:00AM, 1:00PM, and 3:00PM
- The Incredible Larry - performance times:
- Saturday - 11:00AM, 1:00PM, and 3:00PM
- Sunday - 12:00PM, 2:00PM, and 4:00PM
Saturday, September 16th
- 11:00am to 3:30pm: HEY DJ
- 11:30am to 2:30pm: Old Time Fiddlin & Banjo
- 12:00pm to 5:00pm: 3 Wheel Drive
Sunday, September 17th
- 12:00pm to 3:00pm: Old Time Fiddlin & Banjo
- 12:00pm to 4:00pm: Shades of Grey
The Car Show will take place on Saturday, 10am to 3pm, with a rain date of Sunday.
All show cars enter at the Park Street Entrance. The gate for the show cars will open at 9:00AM and close at 12:00PM for judging. There will be two show car classes (1980 and older/1980 and newer), with trophies for the top 10 show cars in each class and awards given for best bikes. Awards will be given out at 2:00PM.
Dash plaques and goody bags will be given out to the first 50 cars that enter. The entrace fee is $10 per car/bike, which admits two people to the car show and the festival. Additional admissions for those over 15 may be purchased for $8 each.
There will also be a 50/50 raffle, wine tasting, craft booths, haunted house, bouncy bounce and slide, music, and lots of great apple treats.
Please contact wacksman20[at]gmail[dot]com for questions about the car show.
Admission to the wine tasting building is $8 per person and includes a 10oz souvenir wine tasting glass. Individuals must be 21 years of age to participate in the wine tasting. Admission to the wine building to shop is free.
- Adirondack Winery
- Americana Vineyards & Winery
- Ashley Lynn Winery
- Black Creek Farm
- Cascade Mountain Winery
- Crooked Lake Winery
- Eagle Crest Vineyards
- Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards
- Helderberg Meadworks
- Heron Hill Winery
- Hunt Country Winery
- Idol Ridge Winery
- Lakeland Winery
- Limeberry Winery
- Miles Wine Cellars
- Pazdar Winery
- Raymor Estate Cellars
- Sundog Cider
- Thousand Islands Winery
- Three Brothers Winery & Estates
- Tug Hill Vineyards
- Warwick Valley Wine Co.
- And more!
This year 100 craft exhibitors will be accepted into the show, with opportunities to reserve double booth spaces. The festival strives to present excellent craftwork to the public. For more information on the craft show, or to apply to be a vendor, visit www.appleandwinefestival.com/artcraftshow.html, or call Northeast Show Promoters at 518.786.1529.
Bring a non-perishable food item or make a monetary donation to the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York and receive $1.00 off your next purchase of $10.00 or more at Altamont Orchards Farm Market, 6654 Dunnsville Road, Altamont, NY 12009, valid September 25th through October 31st.
The Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York will be located just inside the entrance.