Questions To Ask Summer Camp Directors
We highly recommend doing your research and finding out as much as you can about Albany summer camps, but for many of the answers, you will have to go directly to the source. Don't be afraid to ask many questions when you talk to kids summer camp directors before making your choice. Camp directors are generally more than willing to answer your questions and put your worries at ease.
Wondering what to ask? These are the top questions every parent should ask camp directors to help make the right choice.
Questions For The Camp Director
- What kind of summer camp activities will my child be doing?
- What safety precautions are taken for high-risk activities?
- How does your camp accommodate food allergies and special needs?
- What are your medical procedures and resources?
- What is the average age level of the counselors?
- Is there any counselor supervision, or do they work in pairs?
- Do the counselors have training or experience?
- What is your policy on parental visits, phone calls and faxes?
- How does your camp handle homesickness?
- What is your camper return rate?
- Are you accredited by the American Camping Association (ACA)?
- Can we schedule a visit to tour the grounds?
- Do you have any parental references I can call?
- What is the camper cell phone usage policy?
Ready to start asking those questions? Browse Albany area summer camps »