Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates
- 18 (1 inch by 1/4 inch) pieces cream cheese
- 18 pitted dates
- 18 salted and roasted whole almonds
- 6 slices bacon, cut crosswise into thirds
- 18 wooden toothpicks (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Stuff 1 piece of cheese and 1 almond into each date, then wrap 1 piece of bacon around each date and secure bacon with a toothpick if desired.
3) Arrange dates, bacon seam down and 1 inch apart in a shallow baking pan.
4) Bake 5 minutes, then turn dates over with tongs and bake until bacon is crisp, 5 to 6 minutes more. Drain on a paper towel or parchment. Serve immediately.