Traditional Deviled Eggs
- 7 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Salt and pepper, for taste
- Paprika, sweet pickles, and pimentos for garnishing (if desired)
1) Halve 7 eggs lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a small bowl.
2) Mash yolks with a fork and stir in mayonnaise, pickle relish, and mustard. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
3) Fill egg whites evenly with yolk mixture. Garnish with paprika, pickles, and pimentos. Store covered in refrigerator.
Bonus Tips for Hard Boiled Eggs
Hard boiled eggs can be tricky, but they don't have to be!
Fool-Proof Hard Boiled Eggs
Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water; water should be an inch above the eggs. Crank the heat up and wait for the boil. When just at a rolling boil, remove pan from heat and cover. Let sit for 15 minutes. Transfer eggs to an ice water bath of half cold water and half ice. Let sit for at least 10 minutes.
How to Remove the Shells
Place eggs in a tupperware container and shake vigorously - the shells will come right off!