Parking in Downtown Troy, NY: Find On-Street Parking, Lots & Garages
Heading to downtown Troy? Don't waste time driving around for a place to park. Instead, find a parking space quickly with our information about on-street parking, public lots, and garages.
Whether you're visiting for a few hours, the day, or overnight, there is a parking option for you in Troy's popular downtown area. To help you choose, we've highlighted what you should know about each one.
Editor's Note (2:00PM, May 22): Starting mid-March 2020, metered parking in downtown Troy is suspended until further notice to assist downtown businesses and residents impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. All normal parking regulations will remain in effect.
In 2019, the City of Troy installed downtown parking kiosks/digital pay stations throughout the community. The cost is $1 per hour, for a maximum of four hours. These kiosks are upgrades over the traditional parking meters and are expected to make parking easier for visitors. Once you've received your receipt from a kiosk, you must place it on your vehicle's dashboard.
Within the Central Business District, on-street parking is limited to four hours between 8:30am-4:30pm on Monday through Friday.
Public Lots & Garages
Editor's Note (2:00PM, May 22): Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the City Treasurer's office is working with limited staff. Permit renewal payments must be mailed to the Treasurer's Office with the number of permits needed. The Treasurer's Office will process the payment and send the permits back in the mail.
There are multiple public lots and parking garages located in historic downtown Troy. The city features a monthly permit rate of $60 for all lots and garages, and a daily rate of $8 for non-permitted vehicles.
Monthly and daily parking permits are available by contacting the City Treasurer's Office at 518-279-7310. Accessible parking permits can also be acquired through the City Treasurer's Office from 8:30 am-4:30 pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
City-operated lots and garages offer free overnight parking on Monday through Friday, 6:00pm-8:00am, and free parking is available on Saturday and Sunday. These lots and garages include:
- Congress Street Parking Lot - Located on the corner of Congress Street and 5th Avenue (accessible via southbound on 5th Avenue)
- Fifth Avenue Garage - Located at Fifth Avenue and Broadway
- Fourth Street Parking Lot - Located at corner of 4th and Ferry Streets
- Front Street Parking Lot - Located on Front Street behind the Arts Center (accessible via southbound on Front Street)
- Green Island Bridge Parking Lot - Located on River Street between Jacob Street and Federal Street
- State Street Parking Garage - Located on the corner of State Street and River Street
- Y-Lot Parking Lot - Located at First Street between River Street and State Street
Please Note: During a Snow Emergency, there are special parking regulations in Troy. When a Snow Emergency is announced, make sure you review the latest updates from the city.
For more info on parking options, visit the City of Troy's Website >>