Schenectady Idol: October 16, 2010
Think you have what it takes to be the next Schenectady Idol? Step up and participate in the competition to take place on October 16, 2010 as part of the 2nd Annual Jay Festival.
Schenectady Idol is seeking out solo-artists between the ages of 15 - 30 years-old to compete. There is a $50 entrance fee for all participants; and the grand prize is a recording session at Golden Productions Recording Studio. Schenectady Idol is brought to you by the Jay Street Business Association.
Rules are as follows:
- Contestants will be judged on: timbre, pitch, timing, stage presence, performance, choice of material appropriate for ability and voice, presentation of material, personality, marketability of talent.
- Contestants must be between ages 15-30 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, you must present a letter of permission signed by a parent or guardian.
- Contestants must present CD of music without vocals except for background vocals.
- Contestants are not permitted to perform any songs with offensive or vulgar language.
- Contestants must accept and respect the final decision of the judges.
- Contestants are to be dressed in a manner appropriate for the general public.
- Contestants are to chose songs that are no longer than 3 minutes each. Contestants should have 3 songs prepared to perform. The number of songs each contestant will perform will depend on the number of contestants.
- Application, CD and permission letter (if applicable) must be presented to Chez Daisie Creperie no later than September 30. All applications presented after September 30 will not be accepted. Chez Daisie is located at 183 Jay Street, Schenectady, New York 518.344.7082