It’s Friday the 13th, and though the staff at Walrath Recruiting aren’t completely superstitious despite multiple “interesting” Fridays this past summer (power outages and a staff member nose diving into labor, for example) we thought it would be fun to share a list of 13 things that may or may not be known about us.
We’re trying to be lighthearted – and honest.
1. We can’t get by without coffee. Or chocolates.
Dunkin’ Coffee is a staple in our office, as are K-cups and the chocolate-stocked candy jar in our kitchenette. Our favorites? Dove Promises because we enjoy the quotes inside the wrappers, and – well – anything else that’s chocolate. We’re not picky.
2. A few of our recruiters have inspiration boards in their office spaces. The content of these boards varies, from “Thank You” notes written by candidates and pictures of our idols to embarrassing grade school photos of each other. It does wonders when we’re in need of an energy boost!
3. We cannot get enough of LinkedIn.
4. If it weren’t for Panera Bread, we would starve to death. Our favorite on Wolf Road, by far. Maurices Sandwich Shop is a close second!
5. Back to the subject of coffee – we all agree that any Starbucks blend is almost too intense for our already hyped-up brains, and when drank, results in a more “aggressive” style of recruiting! Look out Friday afternoons!
6. Word on the street is we’re participating in a co-ed flag football team this fall. Stay tuned.
7. We hold extremely productive staff meetings first thing on Monday mornings, and discuss everything from current job orders and marketing projects to your resume.
8. The photographer who took our individual and group photos this summer wrangled us together and got the group shots done in under fifteen minutes due to various time constraints. We’re still not sure how we made it happen.
9. Our staff members are always looking for ways to improve their recruiting skills and HR backgrounds, from enrolling in Master’s Degree programs to taking the PHR exam. We never stop, so that we can provide great services!
10. When we receive a new job order, the process that follows is pure teamwork. We make sure the job is posted and shared online as quickly as possible. Recruiters split roles, searching candidates on various platforms including our internal applicant database. Our aim is to fill positions quickly with quality candidates, and with our team-focused process, it gets done!
11. Each of us enjoys doing community-based work for our individual interests as well as for causes we participate in as a team. Next up? The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk. Our team name: Dedicated to the Cure, a spin-off of our company slogan, “Dedicated to the Perfect Fit”.
12. We enjoy doing things as a team outside of the office / off the clock, too.
13. Walrath Recruiting has expanded three times since October 2010, beginning with our first office location at 8 Automation Lane. Since then, we’ve relocated to 3 Winners Circle, doubled our staff, moved into a larger office location within the 3 Winners Circle building, doubled our staff again, and expanded services by opening a Saratoga Springs office location this past July. We are so appreciative of your support and look forward to providing staffing and recruiting services for years to come!