The information you are viewing for this event is from 2017.
Please check back for updates.
Albany's Annual Veterans Day Parade
About the Parade
Honor the millions of veterans at Albany's 62nd Annual Veteran's Day Parade. The parade kicks off at the corner of Central Avenue and Ontario Street at 11am.
The parade marches down Central Avenue, continuing on to Washington Avenue. The reviewing stand is on the steps of the Education Building, across from the Capitol. The parade finishes at the corner of Rockenstyre Way (old Hawk Street). The Grand Marshall typically arrives at the Education Building at about 11:30am.
The Co-Grand Marshalls for this year's parade are Jack Clancy and Jimmy Brown, the Co-Founders of the Tri-County Council of Vietnam Era Veterans. The organization is celebrating their 35th anniversary this year.
Come out and honor the veterans who served our country!
Parking Restrictions & Road Closures
Please take note of the following parking restrictions and road closures that will be in effect for the parade:
Parking Restrictions: November 11, 2017 8AM-2PM
- Washington Avenue, both sides between South Swan Street and North Hawk Street
- Central Avenue, both sides from Partridge Street to Ontario Street
Road Closures: November 11, 2017 10AM-2PM
- Central Avenue between Manning Boulevard and Washington Avenue
- Washington Avenue between Central Avenue and Eagle Street
- All intersecting roadways to and from the above streets will be closed and cross traffic diverted around the parade route